Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 06:16 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaboykk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Taken and BDA want more mobs and competition, why don't they just go to Class C?
Am I missing something?
you are a moron.

the end.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Class R worked when the que wasn't a mile long. With sirken's policy that he wasn't going to allow the leaders of the R system vote who gets in the rotation this was inevitable. Every guild has to look out for their own self interest and forcing smaller/less competitive guilds to prove themselves was the right thing to do. The "pixel wall" has fallen. Will guilds merge, disband? This is the most exciting time in p1999.
Same thing happened on Prexus back in the day.

Venril Sathir rotation got up to 14 guilds long. Trakanon was something like 10 or 12 guilds. To get your attempt to join the rotation you would have to wait a whole cycle.

Then KTF woke the sleeper.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Orc

Rotation over thread also in Raid Discussion.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

The larger guilds (BDA, Taken, Divinity) were unhappy the smaller guilds were getting the choicest loot that their members deserved.

If you were ever on the FAP forums for any amount of time you'd know that this was Taken & Divinity's constant proposal over the last year. BDA finally joined the crew after Sirken took away the threat of being moved to C and showed them how they can have their cake and eat it to (moving back easily).

So yes, pixel lust now rules the 3 largest guilds in Class R, and they wanted to bully the smaller guilds into accepting 2nd class status. They wanted their protected Class R garden, with as many pixels as possible. I'm glad the smaller guilds said no and exposed the hypocrisy of Chest and Drakakade (to be fair Taken never made any nobility or fairness claims).

I find it amusing that these guys want to be the big fish in the small pond and try to rig it so there is the most pixels for themselves without competition (or else we'll just take it all right? That was this ultimatum - Soviet Russia style). Think you'll be surprised by the 7 guilds who said no, can't wait to see the tears.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for the PR machines to try to explain away their pixel lust and shit sandwich.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Lightbulb

I thought the rotation was all about opening all the content to anyone that wanted to see it. Now it sounds like the bigger guilds think that because they can react around the clock and faster that they deserve more and better loot than the smaller guilds. Put in more effort = get more loot. This line of thinking sounds familiar. Welcome to Class C BDA, Taken, and Divinity!
Old 01-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

So is this Class R 1 and Class R 2?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Orc

Just for consideration, one of the major problems with the rotation as it stood before is that guilds that couldn't kill a mob were still occupying a solo spot in the rotation, and then teaming up with one or two other guilds and downing the mob.

So guild A is up for Trak, they can't kill the mob themselves, so they team up with guild B and guild C. Instead of sharing the loot and considering themselves one raid entity, guild A gets their own mob and guild B and guild C keep their own solo spots in the rotation.

Of course the guilds that are killing everything themselves are going to get frustrated at some point.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkutron5000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought the rotation was all about opening all the content to anyone that wanted to see it. Now it sounds like the bigger guilds think that because they can react around the clock and faster that they deserve more and better loot than the smaller guilds. Put in more effort = get more loot. This line of thinking sounds familiar. Welcome to Class C BDA, Taken, and Divinity!
this
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The larger guilds (BDA, Taken, Divinity) were unhappy the smaller guilds were getting the choicest loot that their members deserved.

If you were ever on the FAP forums for any amount of time you'd know that this was Taken & Divinity's constant proposal over the last year. BDA finally joined the crew after Sirken took away the threat of being moved to C and showed them how they can have their cake and eat it to (moving back easily).

So yes, pixel lust now rules the 3 largest guilds in Class R, and they wanted to bully the smaller guilds into accepting 2nd class status. They wanted their protected Class R garden, with as many pixels as possible. I'm glad the smaller guilds said no and exposed the hypocrisy of Chest and Drakakade (to be fair Taken never made any nobility or fairness claims).

I find it amusing that these guys want to be the big fish in the small pond and try to rig it so there is the most pixels for themselves without competition (or else we'll just take it all right? That was this ultimatum - Soviet Russia style). Think you'll be surprised by the 7 guilds who said no, can't wait to see the tears.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for the PR machines to try to explain away their pixel lust and shit sandwich.
You want loot from mobs you can't kill, what is that if not greed?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Orc

I still don't understand why guilds team up for some mobs / get assistance from outside guilds...

smaller guilds are teaming up for Gorenaire (hard and not really worth it loot-wise) then having solo slots for easier, more lootastic mobs (often asking for help from another guild, who also has their own slot).

The easiest solution for smaller guilds on this proposal would just be to team up, which already happens.....they just wish to selectively team up for some mobs, this would force them to be a team on all mobs.

Honestly I have hated the rotation since day 1...made everyone lazy.
Closed Thread