Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

How much does enchanter rely on C to successfully have their advantage? Ive played one a lot and I cant think of an answer to this one, mana was never a concern for me like ever as far as I can remember.

Enchanter should be reduced in power by 20% to make it balanced IMO

I love playing them, and I love their power, but IMO they should not be more powerful than a necro, so whatever you need to do to lower that by a bit, I think would make the game overall better.

Like for example, move C to wizard, and give charm for enchanters the same mana reduction effect that bards have when charm is active, and you probably have a balanced everquest class.

Also torp should have a 200 mana increase.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would it look like if this very overpowered class was instead separated into 2 classes - the "Enchanter" and the "Psionicist"? A thought experiment, mapping out the abilities each class gets. Let's see if they would each still be viable.

ENCHANTER

-Physical based debuffs, and enchantment removals
-Physical based buffs, also including INT/WIS/CHA and Magic Resist
-Animation pets
-Roots
-Blind and Fear
-Rune line (damage absorption)
-Damage shield (I wonder how many people forget the EQ Enchanter has a quite good one)
-DoT spell line
-Illusions, faction modifiers, and trade skill enchantments

Enchanters are about shaping the world around them. They are wanted in groups and raids for their Slow and Haste type abilities; mitigating the damage of opponents and increasing the damage of melee allies. They can add further DPS to a group with their pet, by taking initial aggro or using Root/Blind proximity mechanics. Don't forget the damage shield too. Enchanters have some standard crowd control ability and can solo with an Animation pet that gets buffed up. Without the "pet steals 50% of your exp for not outdamaging it" rule, it's actually fairly easy and effective to solo with this spell list up to level 52.

Would this be a particularly exciting class? No. Are Haste and Slow super powerful mechanics in EQ? Yes.

PSIONICIST

-Charms
-Stuns
-Mesmerizes
-Memory Wipes
-Lulls
-Magic based debuffs (tash, mana drain)
-Magic based buffs (mana regen, mana pool increase)
-Direct damage spell line
-"Vision" based spells (Bind Sight, Sentinel)

Psioncists are about controlling the mind. They have access to the most powerful mechanic in EQ, give or take Complete Heal: Charming. Their spell list supports the ability to manage charmed pets and provides crowd control ability. The mana regeneration capability they provide to others makes them desired in both groups and raids, and their unresistible magic resist debuff can also be crucial for some content.

Would this be a particularly exciting class? Anywhere they can utilize Charm, yes. Is their overall power level enough to be competitive with what the majority of other classes can contribute? Yes.
go away
Old 09-18-2019, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Instead of inventing a class there is a much simpler solution.

1) Give Wizards the Clarity line along with chanters
2) Only Enchanters can charm/mez humanoids
3) Only Druids can charm/mez animals
4) Only Necros can charm/mez undead
5) Leave Bards the same
6) Eq is officially balanced
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-18-2019, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

I think the nuking classes, i.e., mage and wizard, do pretty well in vanilla with respect to damage as others have mentioned. I think people forget how poorly itemized many pure melee classes are in that era. (Hello rogues with Gloom Poon and Polished Steel Dirk). The nuke classes didn't scale as well as the pure melee did in the next two expansions, especially given that wizards didn't really have a viable clicky nuke outside of VP until Velious.

On a side note, I liked how Vanguard essentially combined the mage class with the druid class. Druids now have elemental pets and better elemental nukes.