Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

He's asking for people to fund his skill ups and hell combine an item for you after you buy him materials on top of funding previous trade skilling.

Like, he's asking for a whole group of people to be his personal farm team.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t get the hate here. He’s offering to do free combines once he’s made banded trivial. That’s of value for sure.
The post had two parts. The first paragraph offered something for free to other players, and as you noted it's hard to find fault with that.

I think what rubbed a lot of people wrong was the second paragraph, and the implication that others would want to help the OP get his smithing skill for him (at significant personal cost, because they could instead be helping build up their own Green character in the server's earliest days) just because they want to "be a part of something unique":

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you make hundreds of plat within hours of the launch of a new server? It will take a bit of cooperative action but I know the camps. I'll need a small team willing to start in the same city. I've done it before. When Vallon Zek launched in 1999 I traveled to Kelethin within 48 hours of launch and gifted 200 plat to the elves to aid in the defense of their lands. Please reply if you're interested in being a part of something unique.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t get the hate here. He’s offering to do free combines once he’s made banded trivial. That’s of value for sure.
I agree. He’s a good dude just trying to help out. I sure as fuk don’t have the time or patience to do what he has done. Cheers!
Old 09-04-2019, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

If anyone here wants to donate 200kp or w/e amount to max out JC or tailoring, Ill make you jewelry and ice silk crap for free if you give me mats
Old 09-04-2019, 06:14 PM
Aviak

Banded armor is completley useless, whats the point of this thread?
Old 09-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Boutik ... All I have to say .... See you at T2 !!
Old 09-04-2019, 10:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Yeah I know on blue he was going out of his way to give new players free banded and some plat.
What people are bashing him for is him asking others for help to farm plat so he can get max banded. But I see nothing wrong with this, I'm sure in return you will be part of the "group" that gets credit for this.

I for one I won't be helping, because at my leveling speed by the time I can farm those plat camps, we are probably already at the launch of Kunark.
Last edited by kabouter; 09-04-2019 at 11:06 PM..
Old 09-05-2019, 10:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
200p on green in several hours is still a stupidly monumental task when your only farmable item is cracked staves until you can hit like lvl 12 and group to kill lfay sisters for bronze.

There's no farming bone chips for sale or pelts, as no players have plat. You can only farm vendor-able items to get there. Try making a new toon now on blue and see how long it takes to get 200p with no handouts or player interactions.
I'm sorry you suck at EQ. Would you like to wager 10,000 plat on blue that I can't raise 200 plat with a new character within four hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Banded armor is completley useless, whats the point of this thread?
I see you're new here. Weird that hundreds of players I've given free banded to tell me what a huge difference the AC makes when you're just starting out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at significant personal cost, because they could instead be helping build up their own Green character in the server's earliest days) just because they want to "be a part of something unique":
Holy shit don't be such a drama queen. The assistance I need is minimal. I can raise the plat myself.
Last edited by AenorVZ; 09-05-2019 at 11:11 PM..
Old 09-06-2019, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Annnnd his real character comes out. Glad to see I didn't misinterpret him.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

This thread hurts.

Banded is almost endgame level armor in classic so it's worthwhile.

In 2019 the psychopaths playing this game are not willing to fund someone other than their own skillups at the cost of their speed leveling time because they want to achieve server firsts in EverQuest 20 years after the game started.

Maybe there will be some people trying to get community early access to banded. Maybe no one will do this but geez the posters here are looking hilarious.

Still having a ton of people in noob zones for a few weeks will be a beautiful sight to see and I will probably try to show up.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread