Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 01:28 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also suggested you can perfectly predict...
Nowhere did I suggest that I could perfectly predict anything.

Geeze. No wonder this community has a shit reputation for toxicity. Don't like an idea someone tosses our for consideration? Move on. But nah, can't move on with your day without first dropping some prick comment. Forums are for discussions. No, it's not an original idea. And yes, the devs have certainly thought about it. But fuck me for bringing it up for discussion right?

Should you ever find yourself thinking about server population, peruse your forum history and consider why new people from the outside have no interest in participating in this.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Sorry that people have dumped on your completely altruistic thread idea, that has nothing whatsoever to do with defending the value of your blue pixels.

Edit: This is probably too harsh, but there is definitely a pattern in these threads in general.
Last edited by Zeboim; 09-16-2019 at 01:36 PM..
Old 09-16-2019, 01:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry that people have dumped on your completely altruistic thread idea, that has nothing whatsoever to do with defending the value of your blue pixels.
I don't play on blue. I also have no level 60 toons or unique phat lewt because I don't care about pixels.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:37 PM
Banned

Cringe as f
Old 09-16-2019, 01:41 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cringe as f

You took the words outta my mouth.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't play on blue. I also have no level 60 toons or unique phat lewt because I don't care about pixels.
why even concern yourself with something you dont even bother to be a part of, sit back and let the nerds have their pixles, scum
Old 09-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

Honestly my guy, if you have no skin in the game and the lists are, as apparently stated, limited to just these few items... It's really not worth the heartburn. The mechanic was added because this server is infested with Neckbeard Turbopixel Ancap Elflords that make life in general a nightmare and are intent on spoiling the economy based on the leverage they'll get by poopsocking their way to higher levels and hoarding valuable early drops that they only know will be valuable because of their non-classic prescience magic that tells them how things will shake out dropwise/marketwise.

*That* is not Classic. Lists are far and away the lesser of two evils here, while not actually editing the classic item itself.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's my point though. Imagine each of these few key items were all nodrop from day one. Yes they'd still be farmed around the clock for alts, however it's a finite number of people that hardcore who want to do it. And by virtue of their play style they'd also be the first ones high enough level to do it.

By the time the masses become level-appropriate for those camps, the hardcores will have already outfitted all of their alts and moved on. The only thing that keeps someone on a camp after their 8+ alts have the drop is farming more to sell years down the road. So just eliminate that factor by making the currently-tradeable items nodrop.
1) Guises are no drop.
2) You may be underestimating how frequently they drop and how short the window of time they are in the game is.
3) You definitely are underestimating the willingness of a group of people to hold down a camp like the guise or mana stone indefinitely, until the camps are patched out of the game, just because they can.

Think of it this way. The "try hards" leveling up the fastest will most likely be the same ones forming whatever guild intends to be "the" elite guild on green.

They then will want to hold those two specific camps exclusively for their guild so that their guild has an edge from as many people as possible owning a mana stone, no drop or not.

They will want the guise for ego purposes, and, because a raid full of ogre -> dark elf warriors has value as well.

Heck, it would be naive to not also assume that people would be willing to offer plat on blue for those items on green. So the guise becomes a huge profit center for people, despite being no drop.

I don't play blue anymore, I might as well liquidate an alt and pay 100k blue plat for a guise on my new main on green. Its useless money on blue to me and the novelty of the guise on green has substantially more value.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:02 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think of it this way...
All fair points.

Skin in the game or not, neckbeard or scum, we're all here for the same silly game. Nothing wrong with a little discussion on a... discussion board (not directed at you).

Cheers.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Nothing wrong with a little discussion on a... discussion board (not directed at you).

Cheers.
Definitely!