Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-26-2023, 03:25 AM
Sarnak

Yeah that’s a real issue with Cleric. Only one healer slot in a group and there’s usually clerics around. Playing on low pop hours can be an issue too with few groups around.

But, clerics CAN solo and duo. Not optimal to solo but it is doable, at least until lvl 50.
Old 01-26-2023, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

I soloed cleric mostly to 50 minus some highkeep time. My route was:

Blackburrow until snakes go green
WK bandits until they green
Scarecrows in WK until green. Great for clerics
6 min big skeleton in Rathe Mts
Highkeep from 31-34
Kithkor level 35 rotting knight who had 200 HP from him being yellow at 35 until blue at 50 (they patched him out on green so can't do him anymore)
Old 01-26-2023, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

cleric can just /who all +/-2 levels of their own and send a simple "hey wanna start a group / duo" to their class(es) of choice and boom, theres your xp session

or leave /lfg on and casual-camp an undead or something

either way, dont just sit in one spot hitting /ooc with "cleric lfg" every 10 mins, be proactive and make your own
Old 01-26-2023, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
B. when I was in a raiding guild I was really not needed as green and that guild had an extraordinary surplus of clerics. They preferred I bring monk instead, and I couldn't get the cleric to get into much content due to the massive amount of them showing up everywhere.
ive never heard of this...unless your guild wasn't competing for yelinak / aow / tunare / dain / KT / vulak (or any of the other unslowable mobs)

usually you gotta beg people to log in cleric bots
Old 01-26-2023, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just be warned that just because your a cleric don't mean you'll find groups automatically too ;D

On Green at least my mains a Cleric, and I always

A. suffered to find groups just as much as any class
B. when I was in a raiding guild I was really not needed as green and that guild had an extraordinary surplus of clerics. They preferred I bring monk instead, and I couldn't get the cleric to get into much content due to the massive amount of them showing up everywhere. Its very competitive being a cleric, which makes one of the easier epics on paper a lot harder on green since the lines of clerics go around the block

Its still a great class though, and I actually like when someone is looking for a rez and ill swap over to do it for them
That’s surprising and I’m curious what guild, and what content you guys were doing, because I’ve never seen a surplus of Clerics in any raid environment. Clerics also can make a group basically out of thin air with any melee.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t enjoy playing a cleric but have leveled one as it’s often the bottleneck to any adventure. Certainly we lack them over other dps and even knights at raids.

In general rolling a cleric is always a good idea in EQ. Bad at soloing and farming plat but if you have the time for grouping (even with one other person) people always need healing.
Old 01-27-2023, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t enjoy playing a cleric but have leveled one as it’s often the bottleneck to any adventure. Certainly we lack them over other dps and even knights at raids.

In general rolling a cleric is always a good idea in EQ. Bad at soloing and farming plat but if you have the time for grouping (even with one other person) people always need healing.
The sucky thing is though: If you have to log off - you destroy your group.

That guilt is hard to shake.
Old 01-27-2023, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That guilt is hard to shake.
lol ya ok
Old 01-27-2023, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol ya ok
I can pretend to be empathetic
Old 01-27-2023, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that’s a real issue with Cleric. Only one healer slot in a group and there’s usually clerics around. Playing on low pop hours can be an issue too with few groups around.

But, clerics CAN solo and duo. Not optimal to solo but it is doable, at least until lvl 50.
Clerics can stun. Pull. Cc. Reset agro (even other ppls). They are almost as powerful as enchanters. And their buffs are solid. Cleric buffs tank. Druid buffs casters.

With a solid Cleric u should not really need heals.