Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's designed to force your Enchanter's to mez lock, and your Paladin's and Shadowknights to actually have to offtank something.

I forget if there was any indicator in the mobs name or models that tell you whether the mob is slowable or mezzable. I seem to recall it being mostly guess and check.

@Raev yes it was a good encounter because everyone actually had to do their classes role. Unlike Velious where Enchanter's can't mez anything and pulls are basically single making knights not have to tank.

Luclin and PoP definitely stretched out the raiding field. Any old guild can kill a ToV dragon once you've got it isolated and single. Slow and CH rot, the only challenge is getting it single, which due to some unclassic factors is stupidly easy on P99.

But come Luclin the environment stops being the huge challenge and that challenge gets put into the individual raid mobs. Especially in the case of scripted events like Shei, Emperor, High Priest, Thought Horror Overfiend, etc.

Emperor and High Priest are another two sets of fights that have a mix of adds that require some be mezzed and some be held off tanked otherwise they respawn quickly. High Priest is the only event I can think of other than Agnarr in BoT where the Disintegration line of spells actually had a use.
I was only pointing out your typos.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

The real question is when is Zoole gonna come make a character with me on phinny?

HUH ZOOLE !!
Old 09-29-2016, 05:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not familiar with the details all this, but I wonder if Luclin/POP will be the start of the hardcores and casuals separating. I imagine getting all of the relevant AAs before Planes of Power will require a good bit of grinding. Combined with more and more challenging raid content and it starts to sound like a serious workload.

And I agree with both of you guys. I'd love to see Luclin on Project 1999 at a slower pace.
Man I remember on live when Luclin launched (I played on TZ) our guild found an exploit in Katta Castellum. There was a small ridge you could pull mobs to and PBAE them, but they couldn't hit you. They'd just perpetually run into the wall. Needless to say we exploited a fuckton of AAs til one night all 30 of us starting dying one by one. Turns out a GM was us, DTed us all, and informed us that if we were ever seen doing it again wed be permabanned no questions asked. Lol.

The once POP opened you had a massive resurgence of AE groups mainly in the planes of nightmare and fire. You'd cast a high level slow on a Warrior with max weapon affinity (increased procreate) AAs who was wielding an Earthshakers. With the he slow and AAs you'd process basically every attack and just level massive waves of mobs.

AAs filled in extremely fast using this strategy....especially once you were ele. flagged and AEing po fire.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

where are yous doing AAs on Phinny?
Old 09-29-2016, 07:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where are yous doing AAs on Phinny?
Velks castle was pretty good last night. Have roamed around Griegs and Acrylia a bit today, not as good but still decent. In Ssra basement right now tearing shit up, probably the best AA xp I've found if you have all the caves to yourself.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

griegs has been balllller
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:48 PM
Kobold

anyone doing that fungus grove event for xp? That thing was pretty chill
Old 09-29-2016, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real question is when is Zoole gonna come make a character with me on phinny?

HUH ZOOLE !!
Never.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

OP mount

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 09-29-2016, 09:41 PM
Kobold

Not very classic