Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is becoming a Phinny thread? Do you have no place to vent in your own community? I feel like this only shows how important this community is to the people that moved away.
This thread is a microcosm of all that is RNF.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

I think we can all agree Daybreak made a good choice in embracing p99's emulation instead of trying to shut it down. Look at all the subs it's getting just from the jaded raiders.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we can all agree Daybreak made a good choice in embracing p99's emulation instead of trying to shut it down. Look at all the subs it's getting just from the jaded raiders.
The vast majority of raiders from p99 would love phinny if they could just let of their p99 pixels. Most of the BDA that didn't migrate felt like it would take too long to level and they didn't have the time. or they didn't want to start from scratch because it was too hard.

Turns out you can level super fast with dedicated guild groups, and its a fun and fresh new raiding challenge. There's no enjoyment in the p99 raid scene. The only thing it's good for is turning you into some kind of EQ classic navy seal. Even shitty BDA is basically top tier when it comes to mobilization and killing shit under duress now compared to the vast majority of the raid guilds.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Banned

so now you're actually bragging about stealing p99 playerbase.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

He had me until he said "top tier".
Old 11-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

We raced a bunch of people for fear epic pieces. We had lots of training for that stuff.
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
arent there multiple instances of regular zones EQ2 style, like sebilis etc dependent on population anyway?
Yes, zones have different thresholds for spawning additional picks, but there's still times like Wraith and broken golem in fear where they only spawn in open world main pick
Old 11-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't ask for opinions on why you think Phinny is a better box. Your subjectivity is worthless to me.

Why not create a better sub-forum and enhance your community rather than try to steal off this one?

Yea this is RnF, so post whatever you want, but for the record the people that left the server proudly and collectively yet continue to post and respond to every stupid comment directed at you makes you look squalid.

Hint: Stop posting.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't ask for opinions on why you think Phinny is a better box. Your subjectivity is worthless to me.

Why not create a better sub-forum and enhance your community rather than try to steal off this one?

Yea this is RnF, so post whatever you want, but for the record the people that left the server proudly and collectively yet continue to post and respond to every stupid comment directed at you makes you look squalid.

Hint: Stop posting.
Hint: if you don't like it, don't click the thread, it's not difficult ya moran.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the largest longest standing guilds on P99 moved to Phinny pretty much in it's entirety. Skeleton crew of like 10 people stayed behind. At LEAST 10 other people from various other guilds moved over at/around the same time. Some joined BDA others didn't. One of my close friends and ex-P99'er just rolled on Phinny fulltime like a month ago. I got a random PM on these boards 3-4 days ago of a guy asking questions about Phinny cause he was thinking about switching after recently reaching raid-level on P99 and seeing how much of a shithole the raid scene is.

But yeah cash shop or whatever. Phinny confirmed dead server cause cash shop right guys? All those cosmetic items really ruin it for me.
Wait til you see the skin I got for my emp sword tonight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Halloween special.