Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Excellent work, and congratulations, folks.

And thank you!
Old 09-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Orc

WOW the server list thing is a freaking phenomenal idea, seriously. Nobody needs like 18 freaking guises, just not cool. Thanks for all you do via volunteering, extremely grateful for you guys as Everquest is my favorite game ever created, and I started on project 1999. Never touched the live game, ever.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Great read. It will be cool to see the community differences between green and blue; most likely players will flock to the same auction zone, but without as many druids/wizards of porting level, more people are going to be waiting on the boat. And without as any epic'd clerics, eating an XP loss will be much more common.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Congrats on finally being in the home stretch (for the original intended purpose of the project, anyway - clearly its grown and is growing into more).

The List idea is not something I expected as all, I even recently told someone that any kind of limit on manastone/guise farmers was a pipe dream. Great idea, and a nice surprise.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Orc

Nilbog or other staff that can answer,

What hardware is needed? It is possible that some like me might be able to donate some if we know what is needed. I'm not talking desktop/laptop stuff, but enterprise grade server/networking/storage stuff.

Let us know!
Old 09-13-2019, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great read. It will be cool to see the community differences between green and blue; most likely players will flock to the same auction zone, but without as many druids/wizards of porting level, more people are going to be waiting on the boat. And without as any epic'd clerics, eating an XP loss will be much more common.
I know it's just a pipe dream, but back on Veeshan we used North Freeport for our market zone for... some reason. It would be nice if that got shifted a bit, although I know people will naturally gravitate back to EC out of habit.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Multiple Green Servers
Many players have expressed concern about the population that a Green server may bring, and that we may need to open more than one server to satisfy that interest. At this time we are not planning to open a second server, but we will address and evaluate this as needed. We are also not ruling out new servers before Green has reached the end of Velious. However, servers powerful enough to handle thousands of players are not easily acquired for a project like ours, which brings us to our next topic..

Lists
We would like players to have their fair shot at obtaining limited time items, and to that end we are devising a system for a server-kept 'list' of players in line to loot said item. Upon entering a zone or camp area, you will be able to enter a command to add yourself to the list for this item. While your name is on that list you must remain in the zone or camp vicinity until your name reaches the top (You'll have a limited time to re-enter the zone or area in case of disconnection). Once your name is up, and the item drops, you will automatically be granted exclusive permission to loot that item from the corpse. We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on. We believe this should closely mimic how the majority of camps were handled in classic Everquest, and is the best solution to mechanically enforce it. More details about this system will be announced prior to launch.

Boxing
As usual with all Project 1999 servers, boxing will NOT be allowed. However, as is currently the case with Blue and Red, you may play one character per server at the same time.
Great post overall. I hope that if you are seeing 1,000+ players on a server a split is considered given the donations/hardware allow for such a split.

Lists sounds like an interesting concept. Consider requiring some level constraints to the command. IE I should not be able to hide/sneak a level 1 rogue into LGuk and get on the list for Manastone.

Lastly regarding cross-server boxing. I don’t know the technical requirements for this but I would highly encourage preventing 1 character on Green and 1 character on Blue being allowed. What this is going to lead to is people AFK camping many things on Blue while they play on green to try to double up their pixel potential for the eventual merging. Single mob camps like Hierophant, Pained Soul, Rotting Skeleton, King Tranix, etc. you are going to see claimed entirely by green players boxing their old blue mains.

Furthermore it lends to more of a boxing AFK-acceptable culture where you’re going to have to deal with a lot of partially AFK group members on green while they all focus on their blue NToV raid.

Also one last thing I didn’t see addressed, it’s safe to assume that cross server trading is still illegal? I’m guessing this is a bit more of a grey area seeing as Green eventually folds into Blue but I still believe it would be best to ban this practice immediately.
Last edited by Daldaen; 09-13-2019 at 02:46 PM..
Old 09-13-2019, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

The "list" idea could have potential usage on the Blue server. Instead of waiting to pay for a MQ, just add your name on the list for the next available item.

Thoughts?
Old 09-13-2019, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you, Daldaen. I surmise they plan to make Blue/Green boxing legal in order to ensure a "healthy" population on both servers, but I hope they change their minds.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

merging rare items into blue is such a bad approach.

guess ill sell my shit while it still has value