Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Large Bat

Default druid question

i know the fire dot line and the snare line have extra threat built into them, do any other druid spells have the same issue? my buddy swears Druid Fire DD's spells also have extra threat. thanks!
Old 04-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Banned

I'm sure that a druid will come in to answer your question, but until then, you receive MY MUSINGS..

Fire DoT line has extra aggro cause it has an AC debuff. Snare, I'm not sure about. Snare just has a lot of aggro attached.

Does your DD have another spell effect? if naw, then probably no threat boost
Old 04-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdarkED [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know the fire dot line and the snare line have extra threat built into them, do any other druid spells have the same issue? my buddy swears Druid Fire DD's spells also have extra threat. thanks!
Fire, level 49 spell. Fire DD with a cold resist debuff. Ice, level 49 spell. Cold DD with a fire resist debuff.

Must be it.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Druids fire nukes are not extra aggro.

Fire nukes being - Wildfire, Scoriae, Starfire, Calefaction, etc.

As listed above. Ice, our 49 Ice Nuke does have a -FR debuff component. That will generate a little aggro. Fire, is a 49 AOE spell, so it rarely gets used.

Snare is just high aggro because its snare.

NPCs hate things that: Stun, Snare, Debuff or Add Poison/Disease Counters. Those things really piss them off. So for druids, Snares and Fire DoTs with debuffs (like Flame Lick), generate very large amounts of aggro. Our typical fire and ice nukes however don't do any of these four things, so they just generate your typical DMG aggro.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

and don't nuke at 95% mob health if you have a warrior tank... you'd be surprised at the amount of people who still do that.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and don't nuke at 95% mob health if you have a warrior tank... you'd be surprised at the amount of people who still do that.
You mean I can't snare and immediately nuke while mob is still INC?
Old 04-01-2015, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course you can Timmy! You can do anything you want, don't worry about it! You know the mobs don't have enough hp to even make it to camp past the epic'd rogues until you're over level 30, and before then you'll get bored and make a different alt anyway. Somebody be sure to wake up the tank when everything goes green and we have to move to a new camp.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How else are you going to med in time to nuke the next one??
Old 04-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
You can yes. When you take a few hits and your hp drops, dont forget to click off skin and symbol, as it will fill your hp bar back instantly.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erydan Ouragan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can yes. When you take a few hits and your hp drops, dont forget to click off skin and symbol, as it will fill your hp bar back instantly.
Better advice has never been posted in RnF
Closed Thread