Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 04:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Exclamation Accused of 2boxing

So yesterday, My brother a lvl 11 shaman was helping me and his wife both lvl 5, level in Gfay. He was only there as a healer and possible offtank if pulls got nasty. We live in Florida and yesterday after noon we were under sever thunderstorm and tornado warnings. About 2 hours into our leveling, Braknar shows up and accuses of 2 boxing. So i disbanded the group with my sister inlaw and get taken to Unrest. Upon Zoning i go Linkdead due to a power surge effecting my wifi. Before i can even log back in, to jump through the hoops expected of me. My brother is banned and i can't get back into the server.

Now My brother posted in the petition section to which he basically got a "what i say goes.... 30day suspension" from Braknar. Even after trying to calmly explain the situation. His reasoning seemed to be that we weren't moving at the same time. I understand he is trying to keep 2 boxing from ruining the game but, this tough luck approach to innocent players is only going to drive people away. My brother was watching tv and only healing when his wife or i asked for it (in the same room).

There is not much reason to run around on a healer, especially when your 6lvls higher than the people your healing and not even part of the group. I'm not sure how long Braknar has been around but, i feel like this is an abuse of power and that its bullshit to be suspended for 30days because someone (who has been a member of the forums since this month) says so.

Given the opportunity i'd gladly run figure 8s around pools in unrest as proof that we weren't 2 boxing. whatever it takes to knock him off his high horse and show him we were innocent.

If anyone else has had an issue of this sort please FLAME on this for its my only chance to get my account back in the next 29days... and possibly the only way my brother will play again.

Thanks for reading my rant and have a nice day
Old 04-27-2015, 03:51 AM
Skeleton

Look at it through his point of view.

You get accused of two boxing, and when he teleports you to another zone to prove your innocence your "wifi gets knocked out". There's no proof other than your account of the situation. Of course you'd be willing to run loops around ponds when its convenient for you to have someone else playing the other character, I mean, when your wifi is back up.

This server is a volunteer project running at 0 cost to its entire player base. If you disagree with their rules there are always other games and servers to play on that may be more accommodating to you.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalayan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at it through his point of view.

You get accused of two boxing, and when he teleports you to another zone to prove your innocence your "wifi gets knocked out". There's no proof other than your account of the situation. Of course you'd be willing to run loops around ponds when its convenient for you to have someone else playing the other character, I mean, when your wifi is back up.

This server is a volunteer project running at 0 cost to its entire player base. If you disagree with their rules there are always other games and servers to play on that may be more accommodating to you.
Except who goes through the trouble of all of this? Especially when you can just catch them 2 boxing again later if they really were?

It seems pretty obvious this is just a case of GM doing what they thought was right (perfectly understandable given what happened)....but turns out it wasn't what they thought.

They should just unban and move on. Does anyone win by doubling down on the ban and driving away players? :|
Old 04-27-2015, 04:08 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except who goes through the trouble of all of this? Especially when you can just catch them 2 boxing again later if they really were?

It seems pretty obvious this is just a case of GM doing what they thought was right (perfectly understandable given what happened)....but turns out it wasn't what they thought.

They should just unban and move on. Does anyone win by doubling down on the ban and driving away players? :|
Who goes through the trouble of writing a post on a forum with a story to get their account unbanned? Specifically after their appeal to be unbanned is denied? Just about every person its ever happened to. Ever.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalayan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who goes through the trouble of writing a post on a forum with a story to get their account unbanned? Specifically after their appeal to be unbanned is denied? Just about every person its ever happened to. Ever.
Then why not just give the benefit of the doubt and check in a few times while invisible?

Assuming everyone is lying is a rather ugly way to live life haha.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yeah but so would someone who didn't do anything wrong at all, this logic doesn't work. Bottom line is : it's a video game, give the dude a warning and just watch him extra close for a while. If he slips up again then no excuses, if not then everyone stays happy and the server retains some lifeblood.

Project 1999 Red
Old 04-27-2015, 04:38 AM
Senior Server Guide

We don't just show up to people who are hanging out together, we have means and ways to find people who are 2boxing.

Follow the rules set out by the server operators who provide this fantastic classic everquest experience for you, and you will not have any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
Aussie last seen nerfing troll shaman with gm powers in oasis on blue server. Red as fuck.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:39 AM
Sarnak

P99 works on an "everyone is guilty" mentality, and getting them to reverse something is near impossible.

Going so far as to send birth certificates proving you have a brother, and the marriage certificate to prove he has a wife, won't get them to reverse the suspension.

EDIT: I've played this server off and on for years with my twin brother. We've never been tested for boxing, and we do shit like have my bard auto follow his monk playing healing song.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't just show up to people who are hanging out together, we have means and ways to find people who are 2boxing.

Follow the rules set out by the server operators who provide this fantastic classic everquest experience for you, and you will not have any problems.
Lemme guess, they were playing out of the same house and the IPs matched? So you went to check on them?

And they hadn't filed the right papers for approval first? :P
Old 04-27-2015, 04:52 AM
Senior Server Guide

No, it's alot more involved then just simply two clients from the same IP, as above many players play on the server with family members without any GM intervention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
Aussie last seen nerfing troll shaman with gm powers in oasis on blue server. Red as fuck.
Closed Thread