Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default Looking for cheap lightweight laptop for eq

What suggestions do you guys have? I'm thinking I'll be remaining on windows.
My ideal is 3 to 4 pounds , and runs p99 , maybe some higher graphics games too. I don't need top notch. I just rather find good savings and not be wasteful on my purchase
Old 11-26-2016, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

afaik, for eq any good bargain that doesn't overheat will do... laptops key is overheating...

Some of the notebooks might even work... most important IMO for eq is a good monitor really but I'm sure other's have a more detailed technical overview that is better... good luck round here though eh?

Netbooks (I typo'd notebook above and not fixing) are not recommended without external monitor and keyboard... an opinion I find I agree with to an extent is , "Tried a netbook!, thought it would be awesome for travelling and work, until I used it travelling at work.".

If you would rather play "Epic Games" on a 486 and struggle with eq (with note/net books for eq clients having to put processor power setting at a continuous percentage(Can't throttle cpu with old eq(Maybe a newer client fixed this but I don't even think that...?)));

//Still I'm out of that loop i left... if you can contain offtopic for long enough someone knowledgable in the subject will entertain...
//unrelated except for entruil psyche...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmyXOQgP9qI
Last edited by entruil; 11-26-2016 at 01:50 AM..
Old 11-26-2016, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Cheap and higher graphic games don't go together. You either go for a cheap and lightweight for EQ or something a bit more bulky and can do it all.

Whats your budget?

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-26-2016, 01:42 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
for eq
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-26-2016, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that is out of his price range !gif make+it+rain

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-26-2016, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheap and higher graphic games don't go together. You either go for a cheap and lightweight for EQ or something a bit more bulky and can do it all.

Whats your budget?
My desktop can do it all. I suppose I want a laptop more for eq
Old 11-26-2016, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that is out of his price range !gif make+it+rain
It runs eq well . Got one last year [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-26-2016, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My desktop can do it all. I suppose I want a laptop more for eq
Hit up Best Buy then and grab whatever is leftover from BF sales.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe tupakk is right, but at least if some knowledge and willingness to do due diligence?... check out a local university surplus store... eq is a monster on a laptop... Don't spend a shit ton cause you will have to do it again if not able to keep the airflow healthy... laptops are like robin williams voice's definition of a genie...

"Phenomenal Cosmic Powers~!@, -itty,bitty,living space" - Genie
Old 11-26-2016, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shut up slut chew up this mushroom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_adBkCsz1I
Closed Thread