Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Kobold

Default Really confused/ticked off about AoEing in zones.

OK so, I just have to get this off my chest. I currently feel that the current state of the rules regarding AoEing in zones and how those rules are policed is completely backwards at this time.

In Chardok, if I were to show up wanting to kill zone mobs, the AoE group there would disregard me and just pull through me (fight at your own risk), and I bet you anything that the GM's would be on their side as they were there first (there basically perpetually as that group is nearly constant and ever-changing).

But I was recently suspended for a week on a druid in Mistmoore, and I am absolutely irritated about it, and I'll explain the situation first in detail.

So we zoned in to MM with a group including some wizards with which I was going to mass pull mobs and let them aoe down for great xp. So we zone in and first I find out who in the zone is doing what so we don't pull their mobs. Ok great, the pond area all the way to the castle is devoid of groups, so I start pulling and we're pulling a ton of mobs. Now I'm using a druid and I'm double snaring every single thing I pull using my snare gaunts, and I've done this for months so I know 100% that in no case does a double snared mob agro someone who didn't touch them, even if I pull the mob right across a sitting player.

So we're literally doing this for over an hour and people start filtering into the zone. Some people start oocing looking for more for camps that WE'RE ALREADY PULLING.

So fine, I'm not a jerk, I want to let people who want to play in the zone also get mobs, so I stop pulling everything and start getting more selective, even going way deeper in to grab mobs to pull back.

But people are complaining anyways, talking about how we're pulling too many things. One guy in IB for example starts to swear and say he's going to petition us, and I ignore him of course because I THOUGHT I was well within my rights to pull lots of mobs so long as we weren't training anybody, or stealing from another camp of players already established before we started.

Apparently I was wrong.

I go to log in one day a few days later and that account has been suspended and I don't know why. So later I find out it was because of "zone disruption". But "zone disruption" is bogus. That entire ideology is so abstract that it feels like if a cop busted me for "disturbing the peace".

So seriously server, why is this acceptable? I pride myself on being polite and considerate. I don't break rules, I don't kill steal, I don't take other player's mobs, I often give up camps to people (ESPECIALLY if I'm power leveling somebody), and when we AoE in these PL groups, I don't train anybody or take their mobs.

SO WHY WAS I SUSPENDED?

And better yet, why was I suspended without being told what specifically I was even being accused of? Was there a fraps? Can I see it? Do I not even get a voice as to my side of the story? I bet you anything that any fraps on me did not actually show me breaking a single server rule (because I don't break server rules and I know it with complete confidence), but instead probably showed some obscure situation that made me look bad, like showing me telling a mob with my pull train behind me with someone standing there looking like I was pulling from their camp when I wasn't doing that.

Is this the end of the world? Na. But I think it's an injustice. Now half my friends are worried about ever attempting to AoE anything anymore, and some of them were telling me they're worried about all sorts of things if they can just get suspended or maybe even banned without warning for something they weren't even being told they were doing and without having their side of the story told.

This is like having the FBI come to your house and cuff you and lock you up and throw you in prison without a trial of any kind, because someone got a 2 minute video of you at a convenience store two minutes before it got robbed, and just assumed it had to be you.

It's an injustice of the server if you ask me.

Rant off.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

stfu
Old 07-04-2014, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

oh and tl;dr
Old 07-04-2014, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

bold important parts or something, nobody is going to parse your wall
Old 07-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SO WHY WAS I SUSPENDED?
Probably for being an insufferable cunt. Just a guess.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Project 1999 Staff will not be defining what constitutes a camp. Instead, Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will arbitrate spawn disputes on a per-case-basis. We greatly encourage players to find their own resolution to spawn disputes, as the solution provided by the staff will at best be a win-lose situation, and possbily a lose-lose situation. No two decisions, even at the same 'camp', are guaranteed to be the same, as we will take into account multiple factors in making a determination on a 'camp'.

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders cleared. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. It should also be noted that if you camp out or leave the zone, you have forfeited a camp. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:57 AM
Aviak

Ooohh such an injustice to the server
Your dear dear friends sooo afraid
An ideology so abstract as to cause confusion
Something MUST be done about this GM's....in the name of all that is good and Just in the world
Old 07-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RnF ALWAYS helps!
ftfy
Old 07-04-2014, 01:20 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Thread is a troll, but quoted PnP; lots of people never read it.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Kobold

Fine Derubael, but not once did anybody ever even ask me to give anything up. Not once.

What am I suppose to be doing then? Just sending 50 tells out just in case person A wants mob 01 while persons B and C want to duo mob 04 and 09 and then KNOW what mobs persons D, E, F, and G want to take?

There was no, "hey man I see you're pulling a bunch of stuff, could we maybe get you to leave up this or that for us?"

And like I said already, I did stop pulling places where groups began to form and thus just started to technically TAKE out mobs.

And also, how does this work for Chardok AE? So what you're saying is, if I bring in groups to Chardok every day, the AoE group has to basically leave because they're inevitably going to train us and they MUST give us camps or all they suspended?

Again, it's injustice because there was absolutely no communication. I'm just suppose to assume I know what everybody in the zone wants at all times, or just NOT pull large sums of mobs for aoe.

If that's the case fine, but then make it a ruling server-wide so this can't happen again.
Closed Thread