Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Orc

The 1st Ports where implimented with Luclin. You had 4 Spires spread on the continents that port you up to luclin. Later with PoP you could just use stones/bookes to get from a to b.
Later they removed the boats and just added NPC's at the docks to port you to the zone.

But that was all post-velious.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP and those who support him

when you started here you did see the title project 1999 right ? you did read the information on front page and the rest of the stuff about this server and what it is about right ? you understood the goals of the server admin are trying to reach right ? (if not see my sig for the quote)

During original release , kunark, and velious THEIR WAS NO PORTING GNOMES. if a boat broke you waited, found a port , and or found something else to do where you was at.

I am also not a raider or hard core I have leveled my war from 1 to 50 and have traveled by boats many many many times. IF you do not like boats and or paying for port then i highly recommend you pick a class/race the starts where you want to level 1 to whatever level you wish to adventure here too, without having to take a boat or paying for a port.

Leveling a warrior i knew i would be running /swimming everywhere I wanted to go. I made the decision at level 14 to set my self up in fiona vie as my main bind point. I did this because i would be take the boat to timorous and swimming to fire pots chamber to port myself to wherever i needed. Ina all the level from 14 to 50 i have done the swim to fire pot chamber many many many …. times and only ever got killed once because i swam to close to raptor island.

—-how to swim to fire pot from fiona vie —
take boat (if you have to wait fish , do laundry , clean your office etc till boat arrives)
when boat zone in jump of the west side and swim south west till you reach neg 10500 the North /south number of LOC command.
swim directly west till you reach positive 4000 in East / West part of LOC command, and start to swim south you will quickly come to the sunken spire marking the fire pot room.
have a handy map of the fire pot room so you can quickly zone to where you need to go or just memorize it like idid after so many trips.
I'm sorry but you are wrong, they did have a feature (if it was gomes or just guides that played porters I can't be sure) that was used when boats broke down and they chouldn't fix em fast.
they later around 2004 I think it was made static porting gnomes but before that they had ways of dealing with boats being broken for long durations)
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 09-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

I think after Velious is released it'll be nice to be able to TL people and make some lives easier I think is where this thread is going. The boat does take some time but you can always go get a snack, bio break, take screen shots, pick your friends nose, etc...
Old 09-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry but you are wrong, they did have a feature (if it was gomes or just guides that played porters I can't be sure) that was used when boats broke down and they chouldn't fix em fast.
they later around 2004 I think it was made static porting gnomes but before that they had ways of dealing with boats being broken for long durations)
Pretty sure the gnomes werent around during classic or kunark even during breakdowns.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure the gnomes werent around during classic or kunark even during breakdowns.
Agreed. I never remember them pre velious or so.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think after Velious is released it'll be nice to be able to TL people and make some lives easier I think is where this thread is going. The boat does take some time but you can always go get a snack, bio break, take screen shots, pick your friends nose, etc...
or just make em faster / add another boat.
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

Old 09-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the static gnomes was not but the porting service was atleast on bertoxx server
Maybe we had nicer guides/gm's but I did get free porting service when the boats didn't work. Being a poor dwarf cleric, I didn't trust em good for nothing nuke crazed wizzys and tree hugging droids with my well being! (not to mention I sure as hell wasn't going to give em my plat!)
-Taken-Taken II-

Old 09-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or just make em faster / add another boat.
...and shared bank slots too.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not advocating for any of this (^well maybe the shared bank slots) but it sure does make for some funny images of someone para-sailing through OoT.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

only things non classic i want are focus effects, soul binders, and melody
Old 09-18-2014, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only things non classic i want are focus effects, soul binders, and melody
/agree, soul binders was a big help for everyone.
Closed Thread