Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Aviak

I highly recommend Dial-A-Port. Player driven solutions to simple problems are often good ones.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycleb1n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every single time ive had to use the boat, its a guaranteed 25-30~ min wait.

I don't recall the boat waits every being this pain painstakingly bad ever in classic.
Every single time I waited for the boat on live it was the same amount of time. Travel is slow in classic EQ. The only way to speed it up is to get a port. If you don't want slow travel, then try to limit the amount of times you change continents.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Lol.

It's funny, I personally think it'd make the servers prosper too. Grow a little even. I started Kunark era, had a druid (fungi, mana crystal, the works) + warrior (but I duo'd, however not allowed to duo here, even though its classic) so I guess i'm confused as to why we get to pick and choose whats classic and whats not.

Oh right, because Hardcore Poop Sock individuals get to determine it with severe leanings towards asperger syndrome. Not average joe schmoe who did play Kunark/Velious and likes to be self sufficient and would rather not type in LFG for the 12th time into OOC because most of the sever that's level 50-60 with ultra twink alts don't group.

Nah. It's got nothing to do with hard or easy. It's about it being quality of life suggestion. I am completely uncompelled as to how the suggestion affects you in any way, shape or form. Especially since I can't log two accounts in even though its CLASSIC.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDSilva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately that's the sentiment of the entire server. You can't have classic zones, with classic npcs, with all the classic farming, without all of the endless amount of throwing your life away, and spending way too much time on a video game.Of course 80% of them also have buddies to PL any and every new alt up to 60 in a couple days, but they'd rather keep the asylum full of antisocial sociopaths, rather than have any sort of middle ground. There's just so much skill and finesse that goes into killing 2,000,000 npcs instead of 750,000; if you don't believe that, talk to all the hybrids that DON'T want to see the penalties go away. It's hilarious to watch people defend that like it's some achievement.

There's a reason games don't have boat rides anymore, it was a fucking waste of time after the FIRST time you encountered them and MAYBE got that "Oooooohhh wowwww, look at that!" Literally every other time was, "Oh god oh god here comes the zone line, FUCKING ZONE FUCKING LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD, GOD DAMMIT I MISSED THE BOAT AND NOW IM FUCKING STUCK IN THE TIMOROUS DEEP". Anyone who wants to dispute that is clearly too high on elf nostalgia. Boats were, and always will be, worthless timesinks.

Grats guys, you spend all your time playing EQ. What a win.
Fucken THIS ^

Antisocial Sociopaths with twinked out alts/mains screaming : NO
Old 09-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

NO!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDSilva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately that's the sentiment of the entire server. You can't have classic zones, with classic npcs, with all the classic farming, without all of the endless amount of throwing your life away, and spending way too much time on a video game.Of course 80% of them also have buddies to PL any and every new alt up to 60 in a couple days, but they'd rather keep the asylum full of antisocial sociopaths, rather than have any sort of middle ground. There's just so much skill and finesse that goes into killing 2,000,000 npcs instead of 750,000; if you don't believe that, talk to all the hybrids that DON'T want to see the penalties go away. It's hilarious to watch people defend that like it's some achievement.

There's a reason games don't have boat rides anymore, it was a fucking waste of time after the FIRST time you encountered them and MAYBE got that "Oooooohhh wowwww, look at that!" Literally every other time was, "Oh god oh god here comes the zone line, FUCKING ZONE FUCKING LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD, GOD DAMMIT I MISSED THE BOAT AND NOW IM FUCKING STUCK IN THE TIMOROUS DEEP". Anyone who wants to dispute that is clearly too high on elf nostalgia. Boats were, and always will be, worthless timesinks.

Grats guys, you spend all your time playing EQ. What a win.
You could always start your own server with instaports to all zones and 10,000% XP modifiers. I'm sure it will be a resounding success. Make sure you run it on servers that can handle at least 5 million players. You'll probably need to host at least ten different servers the first year, and I would plan on doubling that within the next two years. Let us know when you're up and running so we can all be liberated from this asylum.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

i love the boats. makes getting places a journey. I've refused ports when i was travelling for training, preferring to take the boat
Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let us know when you're up and running so we can all be liberated from this asylum.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could always start your own server with instaports to all zones and 10,000% XP modifiers. I'm sure it will be a resounding success. Make sure you run it on servers that can handle at least 5 million players. You'll probably need to host at least ten different servers the first year, and I would plan on doubling that within the next two years. Let us know when you're up and running so we can all be liberated from this asylum.
Way to strawman it with requests that were never made. (10k% exp mods)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycleb1n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol.

It's funny, I personally think it'd make the servers prosper too. Grow a little even. I started Kunark era, had a druid (fungi, mana crystal, the works) + warrior (but I duo'd, however not allowed to duo here, even though its classic) so I guess i'm confused as to why we get to pick and choose whats classic and whats not.

Oh right, because Hardcore Poop Sock individuals get to determine it with severe leanings towards asperger syndrome. Not average joe schmoe who did play Kunark/Velious and likes to be self sufficient and would rather not type in LFG for the 12th time into OOC because most of the sever that's level 50-60 with ultra twink alts don't group.

Nah. It's got nothing to do with hard or easy. It's about it being quality of life suggestion. I am completely uncompelled as to how the suggestion affects you in any way, shape or form. Especially since I can't log two accounts in even though its CLASSIC.
The staff gets to decide, not the player base. If you don't believe that read the thread about the target window con color change. The poopsockers were definitely not for that.
Closed Thread