Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 12:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. ToT is probably the second most game breaking spell enchanters get (after charm). It completely changes the viability of soloing in different places and the amount of downtime you have.
oh my gosh yes, it's literally night and day
Old 05-17-2018, 02:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am assuming this person is unfamiliar with HS. I still get gibbed when I make mistakes. The margin for error at 52 is pretty small. Entrance is doable, but basement or north for the inexperienced seems unnecessarily risky for those that don’t understand the mechanics.
I am assuming you are worse than the average chanter if you think north is out of reach for a 52 solo chanter. I consider myself about average and handled it just fine at 52 aside from the usual unavoidable instances where the RNG screws you. That can happen at any level.

Edit: word
Old 05-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am assuming you are worse than the average chanter if you think north is out of reach for a 52 solo chanter. I consider myself about average and handled it just fine at 52 aside from the usual unavoidable instances where the RNG screws you. That can happen at any level.
I think it just depends on an individual's tolerance for risk. I solo'ed an ench from 1-52 (he's still 52 now). The difficulty/risk level increased exponentially from doing outdoor jboots solo'ing at 49 (nearly 0% risk of dying) to indoor dangerous zone leveling 52+ (one resist or interrupt can possibly lead to death).

I played this game for a long time and love charm killing on my druid, however, it was a big change to me from being able to have regen+self heal, utilize 0 mana free damage dots, and then going to a frail Enchanter who can easily get hit to 50% health in one round from a charmed pet.

All that being said, Enchanters are still pretty beast and if played well and geared appropriately you can seriously limit risk of death. I would say work your way up and progress to more complicated stuff once you become comfortable. With Velious out you could solo outdoor dungeons from 52-60 but I think it's best to learn by doing and eating a couple deaths on the way, so I would recommend taking a shot at some of the indoor stuff and seeing what works for you.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

North at 52 is not out of reach but probably not worth the stress / risk.

At 54 with C2 it becomes fun and rewarding.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: word
Call me a shitty enchanter all you want, the argument you’re making is goofy. There is easier XP available at 52 that will be less stressful and less hard on the enchanter. RNG screw ups happen, and they happen more when you are dealing with mobs that are only 6-7 levels below your level compared to 8-9.

Why work so hard? One of those easier places is the entrance of HS. Just because it’s doable doesn’t mean it’s smart, or efficient. Part of being an enchanter is working smarter, not harder. This also doesn’t apply to people that know the zone or are gifted players, because the RNG variance will also be smaller for them.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
RNG screw ups happen, and they happen more when you are dealing with mobs that are only 6-7 levels below your level compared to 8-9
Baylan is correct on this point; level is by far the most important variable to success when xping in this way.

The optimal enchanter charm soloing range for xp/hr when deaths are factored in is +2-3 levels above the high-green/low-blue con range for your level.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Why work so hard? One of those easier places is the entrance of HS. Just because it’s doable doesn’t mean it’s smart, or efficient. Part of being an enchanter is working smarter, not harder. This also doesn’t apply to people that know the zone or are gifted players, because the RNG variance will also be smaller for them.
This. And it was a pretty dickish comment in a fairly constructive discussion lol.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Call me a shitty enchanter all you want, the argument you’re making is goofy. There is easier XP available at 52 that will be less stressful and less hard on the enchanter. RNG screw ups happen, and they happen more when you are dealing with mobs that are only 6-7 levels below your level compared to 8-9.

Baylan I had an RNG nightmare in south last night, fluid was sitting up at like 520am my time and I waited for repop and I
Got a spectre and I tab over to skip a shitty song on spotify and I get hard raped

#mycorpseisstillthere
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Last edited by enjchanter; 05-17-2018 at 07:12 PM..
Old 05-17-2018, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Baylan I had an RNG nightmare in south last night, fluid was sitting up at like 520am my time and I waited for repop and I tab over to skip a shitty song on spotify and I get hard raped

#mycorpseisstillthere
Well if he’s still up I want the fingerbone hoop (of your dreams).
Old 05-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well if he’s still up I want the fingerbone hoop (of your dreams).

Nah lol I killed fluid easy but I was gunna log after spectre so I got lazy and allowed myself to die to a classic Tab Out Charm Break (TOCB)
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread