No 42 25.30%
Yes, but I do not care 26 15.66%
No, but I do not care 29 17.47%
Complaint box about no 9/11 option 32 19.28%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 06:14 AM
Skeleton

Try jerking an animal off. Will save you that much more embarrassment when losing in a dragon race
Old 11-23-2020, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just scored Blood Ember BP, Matchless Dragonhide arms, and a lodizal shell fragment for 3cp on the p2002 server.

Every Sunday they do Copper Mart, where high levels all around the server donate rot loot from their raid exploits, and it's sold by one of the Guides on a bazaar toon. People FTE race to the vendor, and then they immediately line up. Nobody hops the line, and you can preview everything the vendor will have that day by checking the privately hosted Magelo.

One of the most civilized and generous things I've seen in Norrath, and i've been playing 21 years straight. They've got my attention, full throttle.
I think you mean "Wayfarer's Haven" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2020, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you mean "Wayfarer's Haven" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, yeah. God I strongly dislike the name, but the discord is super friendly, the GMs personally pm you to welcome you, and they invite you to the leveling guild, etc.

It's a nice break. P99 is/will be EQEMU king - ngl, though, making the p99 UN discord channel public was a bad, bad idea. Seeing the level of RNF nerdoutrage and nerdfrustration over the most menial content issues (i.e. things like this thread), and then seeing what the guild leaders are really like behind the smoke screen, it's a bad look for the server. And, there's a really big list of people on the p99 UN that don't even have a login made for the server.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

No fucking shit. lol.

We've all played Kunark a thousand fuckin times, why would this time be magically different?
Old 11-23-2020, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron
We've all played Kunark a thousand fuckin times, why would this time be magically different?
I haven't played it a thousand times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm loving it!
Old 11-23-2020, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ngl, though, making the p99 UN discord channel public was a bad, bad idea. Seeing the level of RNF nerdoutrage and nerdfrustration over the most menial content issues (i.e. things like this thread), and then seeing what the guild leaders are really like behind the smoke screen, it's a bad look for the server.
You've been around long enough in gaming to know that if you keep a problem quiet it'll never get fixed. Making stuff as public as possible and ticking off enough people is the only hope for any eventual change. Even then it's a slim hope. P99 is what it is, and it deserves its reputation for tolerating casuals but primarily catering to the highest-hours players.

I think P2002 changed its name because it intends to eventually go beyond Planes of Power. I could be mistaken but I seem to recall reading something to that effect.

Danth
Old 11-23-2020, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've been around long enough in gaming to know that if you keep a problem quiet it'll never get fixed. Making stuff as public as possible and ticking off enough people is the only hope for any eventual change. Even then it's a slim hope. P99 is what it is, and it deserves its reputation for tolerating casuals but primarily catering to the highest-hours players.

I think P2002 changed its name because it intends to eventually go beyond Planes of Power. I could be mistaken but I seem to recall reading something to that effect.

Danth
Yeah, precisely. p99 is definitely not for the faint at heart! Casuals will quickly hit their proverbial glass ceiling and either change their expectations for play or go elsewhere.

Was just saying it was "bad for the server" because it's actually made its way into the WFH discord conversation, in-game conversation, in-guild conversation(s), and there's been a "recent influx" of people checking it out, probably because they're turned off by a lot of the crap that's made itself public as of late (some say toxicity, i'll not use that word for fear of triggering!).

WFH plans to go to OOW eventually (years from now) as per some of the established 'heads' I've chatted with. So, like PEQ without the unlimited box-rules.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Really depends on how you define casual. Like some people think that means two hours a night three days a week or some shit. With super low responsible-dad-and-husband playtimes you simply aren't getting shit done in classic era EQ without taking years and years.

But for people who play even just like four hours a day P99 has plenty to offer without ever socking a window. You can level any alt you ever took a fancy to, farm plat and tunnel flip to buy almost any item you can imagine (on blue), and even warmbody raid to get dkp for epics and stuff. Most classes you can get some gear and epics even being in like DB or Lighthouse or something.

Green of course the high end gear is going to be even more highly contested but there's still the leveling journey, alts and droppable gear.

Its plenty fine for "casual" play but the reality of EQ is that there's unavoidable timesinks to making any progress. What you can't do is jump into it like its WoW and think you'll have BiS loots on a 9-5 schedule. But that's ok, there's more than one way to enjoy the game as long as you manage your expectations.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Very much correct Fammaden. I've got a lot of use out of P99 for 11 years and counting, but I have the "advantage" of already being uninterested in the high-end. Been there done that, didn't like it way back in the original, no interest in doing it here. The parts of the game I enjoy are open enough. P99 mainly disappoints the folks who as you say want to do the high-end on a fixed schedule, and especially those folks who never got to do it the first time around and who want to do the parts of the game they missed out on.

Danth
Old 11-23-2020, 06:32 PM
Aviak

You ever hear or see them youtube videos where people do speed runs of super old games like Super Mario brothers? Thats what its like go hards in this community. Anytime P99 gets a day zero reset server, people will be at the gates running as hard as possible for all the yellow text, reviewing their videos and what they can do to make it faster the next run and get all the loots over and over again.
Closed Thread