Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Limited government is necessary on the right

2. Robust government is necessary in the left.
Govt doesn't innovate or produce, directly. Whenever they try, it turns into a shambles. A big robust left govt only functions until it runs out of the money from the right and center.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Ok I'm clearly not going to put the effort in big word use that occurred in the OP when I say:

I believe the tl;dr here is that Masked is taking it upon themselves to discredit posters who (in short) half-assedly post? What will become of all the Rachels, Joeys, Chandlers and Monicas if the forums are just Rosses?

Related article:

https://medium.com/@thatdavidhopkins...n-336e8ccf7dd0
Old 08-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Does everything boil down to left, right, center, and all their connotations?
Old 08-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just read up on HHH and it is just the kind of thing that I would expect to see come out of a libertarian state. I like the emphasis on freedom of association and exclusion and think people should be free to group as they like and I'd expect a wide variety of local flavors to spring up ^^ So long as they held to libertarian principles I don't see the issue.

Libertarian minarchism fits the bill pretty darn well of what I think is ideal for a capitalistic societies. Localities could govern themselves as the saw fit and people could find peace with their own.

You run into the same challenge that I mentioned earlier with differences (potentially drastic) in law from place to place complicating interstate/municipality travel/relations of course, but for the most part people are free to do as they like be it build a family, amass a fortune or die in a ditch.
Ok now you are thinking but you have to take it all the way. How do you protect this society from larger statist systems? or a cabal of smaller groups working to control things like international commerce? I bet the native Americans thought they had a pretty ideal minarchist system going until they ran into better organized state powers that had no qualms about acquiring their resources and lands by force.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

thanks for this thread and another one u bumped earlier masked... pretty soon u guys will have peace, at least i wont disturb it...
Old 08-25-2016, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by entruil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks for this thread and another one u bumped earlier masked... pretty soon u guys will have peace, at least i wont disturb it...
Which one, the Forum Decorum? I hope to flesh that one out a bit more. You not disturbing anything though ^^
Old 08-25-2016, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Which one, the Forum Decorum? I hope to flesh that one out a bit more. You not disturbing anything though ^^
not sure but i disturb everything... yes that one...
Last edited by entruil; 08-25-2016 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: im not able to represent where it is... azz could explain it but i better not rely on him if im still here....
Old 08-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok I'm clearly not going to put the effort in big word use that occurred in the OP when I say:

I believe the tl;dr here is that Masked is taking it upon themselves to discredit posters who (in short) half-assedly post? What will become of all the Rachels, Joeys, Chandlers and Monicas if the forums are just Rosses?

Related article:

https://medium.com/@thatdavidhopkins...n-336e8ccf7dd0
Well, thank you; I am flattered ^^ Alas, I am neither so clever nor so noble as to pursue such lofty ambition. The good people of this place are gifted, by genius or by madness, with unparalleled insight.

In the torrent of revelation, truth rains unclean that the thirsty might know it's bitter taste.