Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Banned

OP you should think long and hard before you try to be Nastradamus. Thanks for confirming you're an autist😹😹
Old 11-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this. From my standpoint, the population seems fine and doesn't hurt my playing experience.

I can't speak about issues regarding how raid mobs are done now, I am no longer a part of that.

I think the only problems we have on the server are from past and present cheating; duping items, hacking, cheating for plats, general gaming-nerd asshattery that is damaging to the servers economy.

Any problems the server has are not due to server population numbers but either bad raid rules, and/or bad players doing bad things to (in their mind) win.

Essentially most of the bad things I see and read about are from the actual players own doings.
Sorry to burst your bubble but hacking was WAY more relevant on live than here. Sitting with Rogean Image and Devnoob all day in IRC about MQ plugins and GUI offsets. Rogean knows anti-cheat better than anyone because of this. The economy doesnt seem that bad to me looking recently in EC tunnel though i have not played blue in years. I will say though GM and Guide's were alot more common on helping ass hats from ruining game. You could petition and it would be answered pretty quickly (not hating on our staff at all though) they do what they can.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP you should think long and hard before you try to be Nastradamus. Thanks for confirming you're an autist😹😹
Long time no talk friend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] hope all is well.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibrate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to burst your bubble but hacking was WAY more relevant on live than here. Sitting with Rogean Image and Devnoob all day in IRC about MQ plugins and GUI offsets. Rogean knows anti-cheat better than anyone because of this. The economy doesnt seem that bad to me looking recently in EC tunnel though i have not played blue in years. I will say though GM and Guide's were alot more common on helping ass hats from ruining game. You could petition and it would be answered pretty quickly (not hating on our staff at all though) they do what they can.
Never said hacking was not prevalent on Live. You are talking to someone that played RZ, SZ, then Zek my entire time on Live and hackers ruined PVP on Live.

I stopped playing eq1 due to hacking, it was so common I couldn't fight anyone anymore who didn't hack it seemed. I know Live had hacks big time.

I am just pointing out from my perspective what I see that has harmed or does harm to P99.

I agree hacks aren't very common here not from what I can tell.

My point is, there have been cheating and issues in the past that have blew the economy up on P99 and much of that is from cheating to get pixels whether it was RMT or duping items etc.

The population number isn't what makes P99's troubles, it's the player's behaviors themselves imo.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibrate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long time no talk friend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] hope all is well.
Long time for real. I logged in my red toon recently and was surprised at my gear. Holo treated me well. That old seb battle over trak was awesome.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long time for real. I logged in my red toon recently and was surprised at my gear. Holo treated me well. That old seb battle over trak was awesome.
Indeed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] good times
Old 11-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Kobold

On Live, I played between Velious and LDoN. My two mains were a Dark Elf Shadowknight and a Wood Elf Druid. Both characters were on my one account, so I played them individually, trying to group with random people and some friends. My problem was, I couldn't be on all the time, and would often log on and find my friends or regular group member have leveled beyond me. So I spent a lot of time soloing.

When Planes of Power came out, SOE offered a character transfer service between accounts. The game didn't have mercenaries when I played, I bought a second account and moved my druid over to the second account. I had two EQ-capable PCs handy at home, and my 2-boxing solo journey began.

It was a glorious time. No more hassles with hell levels or getting around. And grouping with others, when needed, was fantastic (I supplied pulling/splitting/tanking with my SK, Druid supplied healing, nuking, thorns, evacs). I maxxed both toons in good time and soon did the raid thing.

Eventually I got bored with the raid grind, stopped playing, and moved on.

Fast forward to Project 1999. I created two accounts, one for my SK and one for my Druid, recreating those two toons here. No two-boxing meant soloing each one, but I left hope that one day they might allow two boxing and started the toons on their own accounts for that reason. There was no endgame for these guys. No raiding, probably not even max-leveling. I just wanted to play until I got bored.

I started with the druid first, getting to 15 and got bored. So, I worked on my SK, who was my main interest in Project 1999 nostalgia and found he was more fun. I solo'd him to lv30 and pretty much got tired of being in a hell level and parked him somewhere this past summer waiting for the factions on Gorge mobs to be fixed so I can turn Runnyeye into a support town for killing Misty Thicket guards.

Alas, I just don't have grinding time like I did way back in Live, but who knows, maybe on one random trip to the in-laws, I can sneak in a few hours here and there.

Should Project 1999's population drop enough where the admins change its policy and allow for two-boxing, I might come back more often, reforming my dynamic duo, and grinding out some more levels. Otherwise, no big deal. I'm not a raider. I'm not a platinum-for-profit item camper or MQer. I'm just a guy playing some EQ in spare time.

I was happy to play what I could, when I did. And maybe I'll play some more again soon.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Yea 2 boxing isn't a big deal. Not many valuable camps exist in game anymore with the deflation of items that would suddenly get locked down by a single two-boxer.

Plenty of people happily drop their box from groups and invite solo players too for their boxes slot.

It would make a lower population P99 server more maintainable. Eventually when there's nothing left happening, people will lose interest in Velious, and when this happens zones dry up entirely and groups are harder to fill or impossible to start because of crucial classes missing. That's where a 2nd box comes in.

Not some dumb 6-boxing automated mage nerd, just a melee and his trusty healer squire.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
population seems exactly the same as when I started in 2014 - I would imagine the population will be exactly the same next year also
This c. 2011.

I doubt p99 is going to suddenly have 2/3 of its people drop off over the next short while. I for one would rather play here vs a lot of legit servers because as a casual it doesn't matter much if new content gets released frequently. As for boxing /shrug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] lots of people banned for it to become legal after so many years.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea 2 boxing isn't a big deal. Not many valuable camps exist in game anymore with the deflation of items that would suddenly get locked down by a single two-boxer.

Plenty of people happily drop their box from groups and invite solo players too for their boxes slot.

It would make a lower population P99 server more maintainable. Eventually when there's nothing left happening, people will lose interest in Velious, and when this happens zones dry up entirely and groups are harder to fill or impossible to start because of crucial classes missing. That's where a 2nd box comes in.

Not some dumb 6-boxing automated mage nerd, just a melee and his trusty healer squire.
A lot of theorycrafting here.

There are many ways to view how the server will end up. Who knows?

Maybe as many raiders get tired of velious, players who did not have a chance, or new players coming to P99 will fill those spots up and start raiding?

It's hard to say how long the server will go before population drops drastically. I think if and when that happens, a new server will be on the horizon to start up.

Allowing 2-boxing might be ok on a dead server that has a dwindling population, but as long as the server thrives with a healthy population not having 2-boxing is good imo.

The only reason to allow 2-boxing would be for convenience purposes, like swapping gears or rezzing your dead alt, but I don't like when people use 2 different toons to camp stuff. I think it only hurts the spirit of the game allowing that.

I imagine the guides and Rogean feel this way too. I am happy with how they manage the server in regards to rules on 2-boxing.
Closed Thread