Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then he should be pulling with a bow not prox aggro. or have someone else pull and teh war tags on inc. Thats what works best. Even If the puller is 50% health he hasnt done much damage to any mobs inc so a war should be able to pull them off fast.

The healers then hold off on healing the puller to avoid heal aggro.
Yeah, this is all a work-around. Doesn't change the fact that warriors can't taunt even half as effectively as Pallies/SKs. We could also go into the ways that a ranger can MT, but it's not relevant.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

i can bring in 2-3 mobs at a time on Stickybuds and tank them and hold agro. if one does peel off i can get it back on me in about 6 seconds, and very often instantly.

If it doesnt get on your after a tuant, attack with one combat round + a kick then sit down. Wait for tuant kick and combat round to refresh and do it again if it hasnt got back on you. Tuanting then combat round + sitting works like a charm for me. I can even pick up targets that are mesed with tuant + sit then attack and it will jump on me instead of the enc.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Aviak

Thanks for all the info guys!

I played a monk on live and never had this problem as I would just fd if I pulled agro. I know it will get better when I have a weapon that procs but because we just started I was lucky enough to be given some gnoll whips that will proc later. Maybe I can camp SolA soon to get that obsidian shard.

At what lvl can a group move into SolA?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Also, ask your chanter for veil of whatever its called... adds 10% hate to your attacks or something close to that. Give any high threat players the opposite buff.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, ask your chanter for veil of whatever its called... adds 10% hate to your attacks or something close to that. Give any high threat players the opposite buff.
Horrifying Visage.... It's a Luclin spell that will never be seen on this server.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

oh, ok well then just use the ghetto methods
Old 03-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

siting is major agro, you see it negatively effect casters all the time (nuke + sit = mob in face), but you can use the same mechanic to your advantage to get agro. but its not just sit, like taunt will put you at +1 but +1 wont pull a mob onto but if you sit after you taunt its like whoa!, you gonna call me a dirty name then sit down right in front of me, BAM, sure you might get hit for full dmg for one combat round but u taking one round of full dmg is better than your casters/healers taking 5-10 rounds of combat dmg.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
oh, ok well then just use the ghetto methods
My favorite is blind. The mob instantly attacks the closest player. Works better than root because with root as soon as it breaks the mob goes after the player that cast it.

Blind definitely seems like less agro than root on this server. Just my opinion though.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Kobold

Anyone that knows a list of skills/spells with their aggro percentage would be great. In my experience, 2 OShards did not work nearly as well as 2 Gnoll Hide Lariats. I was so frustrated one night that I started thinking about it. Warriors have Bash for a reason, and all it is doing is stunning the target on a fairly quick timer. So in my mind right now, stun has to be the higher aggro producer, else why would the developers give you a skill for it?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:55 AM
Orc

Was in a group today with a SK. He would put disease cloud on it. I would taunt that mob non stop. NOT ONCE did it turn on me. I tried this for about 2 hours on every mob we pulled. You can not tell me that i failed every single time. I even saw him cast on one mob after being afk and the mob was at 50% health and he pulled it off me.

Taunt is broken in this game. I am a warrior and will deal with it. But please, either boost taunt or decrease the hate from that spell.

xoxoxo
Closed Thread