Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Aviak

My friend has the best saying ever when playing on his monk. "I taunt with damage."
Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was in a group today with a SK. He would put disease cloud on it. I would taunt that mob non stop. NOT ONCE did it turn on me. I tried this for about 2 hours on every mob we pulled. You can not tell me that i failed every single time. I even saw him cast on one mob after being afk and the mob was at 50% health and he pulled it off me.

Taunt is broken in this game. I am a warrior and will deal with it. But please, either boost taunt or decrease the hate from that spell.

xoxoxo
The reason taunt is broken is that it does not work on mobs that are your level or higher. On live it was only that it did not work on red cons or higher.

As for decreasing hate from pal/SK spells, keep in mind that if we do that they've pretty much lost all they've got except for pulling or heals/stuns. Warriors do take hits a lot better (when we can keep mobs on us) and deal a good bit more damage than knights.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Orc

Thanks for that explanation Taminy. I honestly didnt know about it not working on mobs that con higher in level. Most of the mobs were yellow con or higher.

Once we went to befallen, i was able to taunt the blue mobs. Now that that was made clearer, I wont be so quick to scream for them to fix taunt.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Kobold

That logic is wrong, jesus is it wrong. I was in Frenzy about a week ago at lvl 33 and did fine. Pushing the envelope as a Warrior? Of course, but I also am deeply dependant on my group to not be completely new to the game. The reason Im calling you out on that, is because Warriors can actually hold aggro in places that are far above their level.

Im still in the opinion that something isnt working "as intended" with aggro building or taunt in a normal experience group. But if the Dev's feel like they are right, and we're wrong. Then I guess we cant really do anything but quit, or continue to live in their motto "You're in Our World Now!"

Wait, nm that was Verant..
Old 03-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious93c [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That logic is wrong, jesus is it wrong. I was in Frenzy about a week ago at lvl 33 and did fine. Pushing the envelope as a Warrior? Of course, but I also am deeply dependant on my group to not be completely new to the game. The reason Im calling you out on that, is because Warriors can actually hold aggro in places that are far above their level.

Im still in the opinion that something isnt working "as intended" with aggro building or taunt in a normal experience group. But if the Dev's feel like they are right, and we're wrong. Then I guess we cant really do anything but quit, or continue to live in their motto "You're in Our World Now!"

Wait, nm that was Verant..
Just because taunt doesn't work doesn't mean you won't have aggro... Find a level 33+ mob. Have another player do 100 damage to it. Taunt the mob all day without turning attack on - the mob will never turn to face you.
Last edited by Taminy; 03-03-2010 at 06:01 PM..
Old 03-04-2010, 03:55 AM
Large Bat

sitting its because you count as lvl1 when sitting or was it some other game? dont remember. but do you not also get critted/crippled when they hit you if sitting?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Skeleton

I can say as a noob enchanter, taunt certainly seems to suck and aggro is out of whack from what I remember it. I can wait until 50% on a mob and cast an enfeeblement and the mob is right smack in my face with the warrior taunting away to no effect. God forbid I should actually tash a mob, because then I'm tanking it for the rest of the fight.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

you get hit for full dmg if your sitting. WoW was where you get crit if you're sitting. but a tank taking 1 round of full dmg and getting agro is better than it killing your caster or healer.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Orc

taunt always sucked til it got a boost (and became an aggro builder to boot) with kunark. even at max in the old days, there was a 50/50 shot to snap aggro from an even con...and taunt does appear to work on yellow cons as well. my pal was able to snap a yellow con for the purpose of offtanking a hurt mob and I had not yet been on the hate list.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

2001 patch notes: - Taunt now affects NPCs above the player's level (Mar. 6)
Closed Thread