Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Default Class needs

Hi everyone. Would first like to say hello, and a big thank you to the Devs for making this server possible. Like many, my favorite gaming days were early EQ, and I hope this server brings back some of those fun times.

Reason for the post, as the title suggests, is I'm curious what classes might be needed out there. With a low population, I'd like to make a class that will benefit the server -> guild -> group.

I've been told shamans, monks, and wizards are the 3 in pretty high demand? Any thoughts would be appreciated, and have a great day!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Large Bat

Since it isn't quick to level in the game, so I would pick something you like to play rather than something you think is "needed." If you enjoy playing a cleric, shaman, monk, or wizard, then fine. If you like playing a mage or necro (two of the "overplayed" classes), then I would suggest you play them even if you are a dime a dozen.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Good advice. Tough choices.

Keeping entire Frenzy camps locked down as an Enchanter, as the group chain killed was a thrill. Tanking huge fights around Lord trying to keep all the squishies alive was equally a rush. Riding that aggro line as a wizard, putting out as much DPS as possible was also a lot of fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm leaning towards Wizard, but haven't made the choice yet!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Orc

Yea. this is a good topic.

Myself and 2 others are just starting out. And im torn between what class to play. I played a Wiz up to 70 back in the day, and loved it........... but have been torn, and always wanted to play a necro........ what would make a Uber 3 or 4 person team at this point in progression of the server >?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

I'd think for experience grinding, the holy trinity can't be beat if you have the friends to pull it off.

Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter/Monk, DPS, DPS, DPS.

amirite?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

The server is still short on tanks I believe which you mentioned enjoying.

Wizards are definitely the least common int caster class to my knowledge.

Hybrid penalties are set to classic levels so although rangers are rare, they are also much harder to level than most other classes currently (but don't believe the hype about them being completely gimped).

If you are looking at the healing route, shaman are definitely the rarest of the three with druids by far being the most common.

I would say the rarest races are currently Trolls, possibly followed by Erudites, Half Elves and Gnomes.

I don't tend to see too many rogues around but I can't confirm that they are uncommon (especially since they are an easy class for a level 50 to twink).

Hope this info helps. Play what you like!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Orc

Reply hmm......... I loved my Wiz............ maybe ill do that again...........
Old 03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server is still short on tanks I believe which you mentioned enjoying.
That's all I needed to hear. I was for sure thinking most MTs, and tanks were pretty set, and by playing a Warrior would be an effort in futility.

Thanks for the input!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Orc

good for you. meat sheilds are important [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

............im still poaching on this thread and undecided....... Necro or Wiz .......
Old 03-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Orc

BTW ill most likely be teamed with a Mage, and War
Closed Thread