Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

With a mage and a war, you want to be a healer class.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CronosZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good for you. meat sheilds are important [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

............im still poaching on this thread and undecided....... Necro or Wiz .......
You could always do both.
Necro on off hours when groups are hard to come by.
Wiz when the population is maxed out and people are looking for DPS.
Also, in my opinion necro is less dependent on gear to solo than a wiz so it would be able to survive on the Wizard's hand-me-downs.

You might think this would seriously slow down your ability to lvl up but any time you sit around waiting an hour for a group you could have made a yellow or three soloing with an alt. I tend to play a solo class while sending LFG OOC messages for the other class. Trust me, this works!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Orc

HMMM.............
Old 03-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Really the only answer is play what you think will be the most enjoyable to you. I would have never made it to 50 if I were forced into a class I didn't truly want to play.

Edit: Also, don't be afraid to experiment. There is no rush to level and I'll bet you'll enjoy the journey from 1 to 49 more than you will being 50. Gear is easy enough to transfer from character to character so if you get a good drop and decide to change classes you won't lose anything. My character select screen has my 50, a 25 shaman, and then 6 or 7 level 10 characters of various classes I experimented with.

No one is going to give you grief for playing an 'overpopulated' class, so just have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Last edited by Trimm; 03-02-2010 at 05:09 PM..
Old 03-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

The biggest problem now is going to be remembering where all the sweet group spots are.

Do people in their 20s still group down in Highkeep killing goblins?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Orc

yea no doubt.......... i need to think hard and remember all the tricks, and spots i used to go.

Im thinking im gona go WiZ........ its what i know, and im good at it. and ill do a Necro on the side. heh.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

My only rush is that I really really want to get a Guise. It's my favorite item in the game, ever. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is going to give you grief for playing an 'overpopulated' class, so just have fun.
^This best sums it up, imo. The server when levelling is generally pretty cool. Even overpopulated classes find groups or do well soloing (seeing this is a lot of the reason some classes are generally over populated here that I've seen).
Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

Well I'm making my Troll Warrior tonight!! Those snakes better watch out!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned

Necros, Druids, Mages, Enchantes are the most played right now in that order. I take a check about every day. During certain periods of the day.

Shaman/Rogues/Shadowknights/Warriors/Clerics.......paladins........bards/..........rangers

Are whats played next on this server in that order.

Unfortunatly the 2 basic core classes needed are the ones that hold a group together? Who knew, so you have alot of people doing nothing in between due to the lack of classes to get shit done. Even though IMHO here shadownknights are a better tanks. Due to disease could having correct in line Aggro control. Wich is toned down later in kunark and peaks again wtih pallys in velious.

Overall a good war can still tank fine, and dominate in planes due to higher hp and tanking abilities. But shit ive seen bards tanks gods before.

Play what you want but dont qq in your head when you look like everyone else. If you wanna stand out? Play a female dwarf Rogue. Or an erudin cleric or ogre monk. You get what i mean.
Closed Thread