Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Aviak

Default Why so much shit talking on this forums?

From what i always percived eq players were the mature friendly helpful community. Yet all you see on these forums is people talking shit,trolling,putting people down, epeening, ragging on others guilds, ect ect ect. Thought eq players were better than wow players?

I am seeing the direct opposite on here. You guys are actually worse than the wow commuity, least from the forums pov. Obviously not everyone is like that but the far majority is. If you are those people, why do you act like this on the forums? If you are not one of those why do you think they do it and does it bother you can downgrade your joy for playing on this server?

My personal opinion, i find it horrible and when i come to the boards to try to find info i get a sense of man...these guys are elitist douchebags why would i want to play with any of them?

your 2cp?
Old 08-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

probably because most of the elitists on p99 were never top players originally, and now, having achieved their status after ten years of bitterness, cannot help themselves rub it in others faces? that or they went to wow and came back with shitty attitudes. thats about it.
by the way this thread will be moved to rants and flames within 24 hours.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

1) Most of the junk you're talking about is contained in R&F/NSFW. Inadvertently, sometimes that stuff spills over to the server chat forum for a little while, but usually gets sent back.
2) In-game, things are quite different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I just try to ignore all the negativity. I log in, spend time with my amazing guild, and log off. The forums aren't quite as enjoyable due to all the flaming, but it's still something to read while at work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

There are only a handful of very vocal agitators here. If what you read bugs you too much, you can view the profile of an offensive poster and ignore them.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what i always percived eq players were the mature friendly helpful community. Yet all you see on these forums is people talking shit,trolling,putting people down, epeening, ragging on others guilds, ect ect ect. Thought eq players were better than wow players?

I am seeing the direct opposite on here. You guys are actually worse than the wow commuity, least from the forums pov. Obviously not everyone is like that but the far majority is. If you are those people, why do you act like this on the forums? If you are not one of those why do you think they do it and does it bother you can downgrade your joy for playing on this server?

My personal opinion, i find it horrible and when i come to the boards to try to find info i get a sense of man...these guys are elitist douchebags why would i want to play with any of them?

your 2cp?
I was considering making a thread here myself entitled....! (drum roll)

Why is this thread entitled Why so much shit talking on this forums? on this forum?

Got to love Trolling about Trolls...Du HUH..

Peace.

<Europa> 2010 - 2015

To my fans!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-ar...ene-phone-call

Hustle my haters! hustle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno
Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what i always percived eq players were the mature friendly helpful community. Yet all you see on these forums is people talking shit,trolling,putting people down, epeening, ragging on others guilds, ect ect ect.
That's the way classic eq always was, though. You should NOT judge the many by the few. Forum posters are not the majority of players.

Quote:
Thought eq players were better than wow players?
Better in what way ? I believe on average, people who played classic EQ are better gamers than wow-only players. If you're talking about drivel, I saw more in WoW.

Quote:
I am seeing the direct opposite on here. You guys are actually worse than the wow commuity, least from the forums pov.
You mean the Blizzard-maintained forums which recently were going to link real life information to a poster's identity? :P This is a private forum with moderation.

Quote:
Obviously not everyone is like that but the far majority is.
Looking at the numbers, you are incorrect.

Quote:
If you are those people, why do you act like this on the forums? If you are not one of those why do you think they do it and does it bother you can downgrade your joy for playing on this server?
My basis for playing a game is never derived nor influenced by its forums.

Quote:
I wouldn't search any internet forum expecting to find sense. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

my 2¢
Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:

your 2cp?
Keep in mind that only a small % of the people who play this game visit the forums. And of that small %, only a few post actively. Of that smaller number, not everyone here trolls/epeens.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Aviak

so far ive nothing but good experiances with they community in game and im grateful that people have put so much hard work and dedication to makiing this server happen, i guess that i just wish that the forums reflected what the actually majority of the in game community is like.

A couple times ive talked to people about project 1999 sent them here to the forums only for them to go umm no thanks. Mostly these are people from other games that are older and are tired of the horribleness of the way their particular gaming community acts, only hoping to find better.

Basicly this forum is often times the first impression prospective new incommers are going to get of the community..are we happy with the way they will percieve it?
Old 08-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Once you hit the raid scene, you will realize why this forum is filled with the drama it is.
Closed Thread