Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basicly this forum is often times the first impression prospective new incommers are going to get of the community..are we happy with the way they will percieve it?
Do we have the power to change things?

If people have a "forum" - a place for conversation - they're going to fill that with all the garbage and refuse they have bottled up inside them. R&F is specifically a separate section of these forums to act as a sewer to catch all the poo those drama monkeys are flinging.

As someone with a massive post count and has spent a majority of his time in Server Chat, I can tell you that Server Chat is 85% helpful, encouraging, and reflective of the awesome community that exists in game. That's a heck of an accomplishment for any game's forums.

Do you have any suggestions? My bet is that they're things that have been tried and failed. You can't control what people choose to do - you can only guide their incentives and encourage them to do things the way you want. Moderation helps, but that only acts as a diverter valve - to get the crap where it should go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Don't let idiots on the forum keep you from talking to the (mostly!) nice people in game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Oh i fully know that the only way to change this is each and every person police the way themselves act on the forums and there is always going to be the people that just dont care. Hopefully by bringing this up maybe some of these people will think to themselves that maybe they should change how they conduct themselves in this only public venue that we have.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Kobold

You are only see a small proportion representation of the server here on the forums. Most people I run into in game are nice.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

gor you are playing again?!?!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Kobold

I am indeed. Log in and come group with me bro.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenJen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
probably because most of the elitists on p99 were never top players originally
Old 08-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Banned

How much of a pussy do you have to be to let the minority of trolls in an mmo drive you away...
Old 08-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much of a pussy do you have to be to let the minority of trolls in an mmo drive you away...
^perfect example of what im talking about right there.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

The rants and flames didn't bother me as a newcomer. That's classic EverQuest right there. That's any website with a discussion forum, EVER. If they can't handle it, they lack the very basic in communication skills necessary to live a fulfilling and happy life. I suppose they enjoy crying themselves to sleep every night because they are so "offended" all the time.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Closed Thread