Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Man he needs to make a homebrew Everquest RTS game out of that haha!

..and what is that castle??
Old 10-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's Hype Ass!
Old 10-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Umm , is this a 2nd thread for the same thing?

Anyways to repeat: all the religion holy symbol quests should be fleshed out and brought up to at least tier three to match Inny/Tunare/Quelious. Some dieties don't even get a tier one holy symbol.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

In the same vein as the symbols, some interesting and moderately worthwhile deity quests for each god would be fun, comparable to Tunare followers’ PoG quests. It’s nowhere near NToV quality, but they’re at least solid options. CT/Inny/Bristlebane followers already have planes connected, Veeshan followers could have a Sky connection I guess, etc. etc.

Didn’t they actually add a zone line to orc highway on live? I feel like I heard/saw that somewhere.

And my new idea just typing this: take Abysmal Sea, the huge boat-city-zone from GoD, and make it a fucking dungeon. That could be a really fun zone. Could tie it into Velious gnome pirates or whatever... could possibly put it somewhere between Iceclad and TD maybe?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

as someone who quit around when they launched Luclin, every single post-velious zone i've ever seen have so dramatically different art styles from the original it's hard to imagine they could ever feel classic
Old 10-11-2019, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as someone who quit around when they launched Luclin, every single post-velious zone i've ever seen have so dramatically different art styles from the original it's hard to imagine they could ever feel classic
Yeah, the thread I made about this didn’t gain any traction, but that was one of my first thoughts. Luclin re-textured the old world, but we have the old textures back. But from then on it was all the new graphics style. I honestly think that Stonebrunt is graphically way out of line for P99 as well. I remember the first time I went there, my first thought was “WHOA! This looks like the Luclin graphics teasers!”. I don’t know if it would be possible to substitute some world textures... maybe we could just dumb down their resolution? Maybe we could force the client to not draw some things? Maybe if the old textures have a suitable replacement (how many different textures do we really need for “gray rock wall”?) it can be substituted to back-classic it? I just don’t know.

Of course there are zones that are way worse. I don’t think a lot of the the Luclin and PoP visuals are TOO far off from Velious. Come to think of it, did the system requirements (or recommended) for the game change at all with Kunark or Velious? (RoK:no, but it looks like Velious upped the required processor to P6 and recommended to PII 450 with 16MB VRAM)

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 10-11-2019 at 03:07 PM..
Old 10-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
looking over the Oasis of Marr and Northern Ro with EC and WC to the right, and SK Aviak village and NK bridge to the left, with HHK atop the mountain and Kithicor Forest just below.

-Toddfx
Old 10-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyone remember the guy that did these
I’d like to see the rest of them again pls
he did a bunch iirc
Old 10-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Kobold

Invade the starting areas! Occasionally send loads of giants (or other appropriate monsters) invading the starter towns and killing off everything until they are defeated. High level orcs could overwhelm Kelethin, giant skeletons charging into Neriak, an alligator infestation of the Qeynos sewers, giant mage pets set loose in Ak-Anon.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyone remember the guy that did these
I’d like to see the rest of them again pls
he did a bunch iirc
Loramin probubly made this page lol https://wiki.project999.com/Fan_Art_and_Creative_Works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I bet he's on there.

yeah here he is, todfx https://www.toddkumpf.com/index.php?id=slate

Edit: wellllll... not everyone can pitch a NO NO hahahah

His blog is awesome though, so many cool starwars renders if you're into that sort of thing which I am: https://toddkumpf.tumblr.com/page/2
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-12-2019 at 05:59 PM..
Closed Thread