Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Alt-tabbing causes random clicks to return me to desktop

So I'm a bit new to project 1999. When I load EQ it loads in fullscreen with no problem. However, when try to log onto a server, it goes to windowed mode. That wouldn't be too big of a deal, but then after I load whenever I place my mouse on the lower half of the screen it turns into the regular windows mouse, and if I click it brings me to my desktop. It's extremely annoying and it's making it impossible to click anything in game without inadvertently minimizing EQ. What's the deal? I'm running on windows 7.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:17 AM
Kobold

I get this too and this is my temporary fix:

click on Options - then just mouse over your resolution... click on switch to full screen mode then click on Accept at the resolution and when the do you want to keep these settings hit yes.

It's just a weird sequence that you have to do. it's not a perm fix but it lets me play. I can play on full screen without any weird clicks to desktop all day this way.

Also there are other fixes which have you change your eqclient.ini file. these didn't help me though. but they are worth trying.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:23 AM
Orc

I had the same problem. All I did was ramp up the resolution to as high as it would let me in the options. Not sure if that will help you, but it's worth a shot. Other people have had success by running wineq2, but I've had more problems with that program than without it.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Former Guide

Try what's described in this thread: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=190509

I'd give something more specific, but I don't have my EQ computer right now.