Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 12:46 AM
Large Bat

Default Bard lvling help

im leveling a bard and only know a little bit im just looking for someone to give me a few pp so i can buy food and drink and to tell me the set of armor i need to save up to buy
Old 04-26-2015, 03:18 PM
Kobold

We've all been there. Dealing with scarcity is one of the really fun bits for me. This server has a lot of very generous people but I find you do better by trying to do for yourself than relying on someone else. Play the game, make friends, and stuff will come.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Orc

Food and drink is easy to buy. Just loot and sell everything you possibly can. Focus on humanoids(orcs, kobolds, gnolls, etc) or skeletons; they have a chance to drop cloth armor, rusty weapons, and the occasional bag. You might be able to snag a cracked staff that vendors for around 1p each. Skeletons will drop bone chips that you can sell to other players for 10p a stack usually.

As far as I know, stick with buying the cheapest food the merchant sells since it all lasts the same amount of time regardless of if its a snack/meal/hearty meal. Someone more knowledgeable should correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are really wanting to make money over levels, your best bet is to kill orcs in Greater Faydark/Crushbone/East Commons and sell the belts they drop to other players. Crushbone belts usually go for about 2p a pop, while the deathfist belts from the commons go for around 5p each. It's a good way to make some start up cash for yourself.
Last edited by alcoma23; 04-26-2015 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: Added bone chips tip
Old 04-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

CB belts have become more inflated at times, 3pp or even 4pp if you can hold out.

A suit of banded armor is about 90pp to make, if you can find a blacksmith to do it...that should get you started. Bards aren't meant to take much damage, so despite being arguably the most cosmetic class for "catwalk quest" I'd try not to focus on armor too much too early.

If you're drawing aggro, either your tank sucks or try and mix your songs up a bit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2015, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

bards:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Large Bat

Bleh really no difference between a muffin and an iron ration?! Didnt know that!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Orc

Yea, from what I understand Sony didnt add in food timers until after velious. I thought I saw a thread about it somewhere on here, but I can't find it now.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

muffins and milk, all day.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Food and drink is so cheap that I'm a little baffled that this guy is asking for so much money (relatively). How are you going through food and water so fast? I worry that perhaps this guy is a WoW transplant and is clicking on the food thinking it will heal him faster (which is not the case).
Old 04-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Bard is a great first character imo. My first toon was a bard here and i was in my 50s before i bought my first set of fine steel. Plat and loot will come eventually but as a bard really the only items you should concern yourself on obtaining early on is the mistmore drum and lute. a set of hp/ac rings and maybe some bronze armor
Closed Thread