Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Nice! I just tossed you a follow via soundcloud from my bands soundcloud haha.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:30 PM
Aviak

(West) Freeport and Desert of Ro themes has been added! Edited the title of the Freeport Docks theme. Also, if you listen with headphones on the Ro theme, i added in a quiet wind blowing in the desert for atmosphere and immersion. I also made a Ro theme without the wind blowing that i can reupload in its place in case of a public outcry for that shit not being classic.

Looking for developers to work with regarding implementation of the new renditions of the Everquest music to be used in game. Send me a private message if you're interested.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Aviak

Rivervale theme has been posted.

Looking for developers to work with regarding implementation of the new renditions of the Everquest music to be used in game. Send me a private message if you're interested.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Aviak

After talking to some people on the EQEmu forums, I think I may have found a way to implement the new themes in game. I'm going to be modifying some files and doing some tests, so stay tuned for that.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Aviak

IT WORKS! I got the Kelethin theme to play within 500 yards of the city, however there is more testing that needs to be done. There's an issue with the music cutting off abruptly, and I'm exploring options of how to make the music fade in/out upon entering that specified coordinates. BUT, THE HARD PART IS OVER!!! I have a lot of work ahead of me. If anyone tech-savvy is interested in helping me implement this within all of the zones, it would save me months of work.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Aviak

Testing in Greater Faydark is wrapping up. There's an issue with the new implementation of the music concerning the ambient nature sounds. Once I implement the new music to a zone, the ambient sounds (rain, forest wildlife, swamp wildlife, etc.) no longer play. However, the dev I'm working with has a lead on a fix. Will know more later tonight.

Also, implemented new music in Rivervale!

Old 06-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Aviak

We've made huge strides in figuring out what the parameters in the code do. So far, I have Greater Faydark completed with all of the themes in the right places within the zone, AS WELL as the necessary fade ins/outs of the themes. The dev I'm working with the finishing up converting the sound files in the .eff files to be used as .wav files so the .emt files will implement the environmental effects/ambient sounds within the zone. So, basically, we can have updated music WITHIN THE GAME with all of the environmental sounds in tact.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Developer

Excellent progress!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Aviak

After speaking with him, his conversion of the files will keep all of the parameters in tact for triggering the files, so basically, all I have to do is finish remaking all of the themes within the .xmi files, and replace them with my files once he has converted the files. The time for making Everquest sound its absolute best is on our doorsteps!

Old 06-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Orc

God I love this community
Closed Thread