Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just go Blue. Its a duo / trio playground. You'll be able to freely go wherever and not deal with a bunch of spergs cluttering up the popular zones.

I'd be more than happy to help get you started if you need some cheap gear.
Well it looks like we may be going blue after all (if I can get him to stop dragging his feet lol) so I may just take you up on that!
Old 01-29-2021, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue would be a more chill experience than Green. You guys are already planning on duoing, so it is not like you are trying to maximize your chances at finding groups in the lower level ranges. Items are cheaper too on Blue. Green is only hyped because you get another shot at loot that no longer drops. If that isn't a goal of yours, there isn't much to gain by starting on Green.
All excellent points that I also hadn't thought of. Suppose that's the benefit of the forums though lol. Thanks for the input!

P.S. and thank you for your awesome guide too!
Old 01-29-2021, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaxis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All excellent points that I also hadn't thought of. Suppose that's the benefit of the forums though lol. Thanks for the input!

P.S. and thank you for your awesome guide too!
No problem! Thank you for reading the guide[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2021, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaxis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it looks like we may be going blue after all (if I can get him to stop dragging his feet lol) so I may just take you up on that!
PM me whenever you guys get going. I should be able to scrounge up some starter gear and maybe a little druid plvl too.

I have a 35 bard I could trio w/ you guys too when you get up higher...and a 52 necro a bit further along.
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-02-2021 at 12:08 PM..
Old 02-02-2021, 12:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PM me whenever you guys get going. I should be able to scrounge up some starter gear and maybe a little druid plvl too.

I have a 35 bard I could trio w/ you guys too when you get up higher...and a 52 necro a bit further along.
Hell yeah, that would be sick. Especially since things have adjusted and I guess we're looking at Chanter (me) and Cleric (him). toss a bard OR a necro into that and watch the XP roll in!
Old 02-02-2021, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

I don't have a monk or a sham, but IMHO the most important thing is to make sure he's having fun and enjoys the game. If not, he won't hang around and it won't matter how good/bad your gear or combo are.

A buddy who I used to play on live with briefly joined p99 - I didn't give either of our guys any gear, figuring I'd do so at level 10ish so as not to ruin the experience...he quit at level 5 /doh!!

This game is way better with friends. Do your best to show him how fun it can be IMHO
Old 02-02-2021, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Good advice @Philistine (I enjoy the irony of your name btw lol). You're right of course and that IS what I'm afraid of. We're starting Erudite which has a good shot imo because I've never played one and only been to Odus a handful of times. Maybe less than a handful . . . Anyway, I think it'll help for it to be both of us covering new territory.
Closed Thread