Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Orc

Default Low Health Aggro

This just happened and by my memory defies all aggro-logic in EQ:

Player A pulls a kos, social mob. Another one of the same kind adds on him. Player B pulls off the add. We now have Player A with Mob A, and Player B with Mob B. They each fight seperately (but nearby each other).

Player B gets extremely low on health (~10%) and Mob A completely ignores Player A and charges Player B until death (despite Player B having 0 damage on Mob A).

This shouldn't happen.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

If both NPCs share the same faction then there is assist social aggro from both NPCs on both players. Low hp aggro is classic too
Old 11-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazukon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This just happened and by my memory defies all aggro-logic in EQ:

Player A pulls a kos, social mob. Another one of the same kind adds on him. Player B pulls off the add. We now have Player A with Mob A, and Player B with Mob B. They each fight seperately (but nearby each other).

Player B gets extremely low on health (~10%) and Mob A completely ignores Player A and charges Player B until death (despite Player B having 0 damage on Mob A).

This shouldn't happen.
If Mob A and Mob B are close enough to each other when Player B tags Mob B, then Player B will be on both Mob A and Mob B's aggro lists. Both will monitor for low hp aggro, even if Player B did nothing affirmative to Mob A.

What in your opinion should happen? Mob A shouldn't have any aggro on Player B?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Orc

Sorry I didn't know about this. So, no matter what, under any circumstance, if you get low on health any mob that you're on their aggro table will come attack you?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazukon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry I didn't know about this. So, no matter what, under any circumstance, if you get low on health any mob that you're on their aggro table will come attack you?
Yes, unless someone else is higher on the aggro table and they also have low hp.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Aviak

Ok I have a related question/issue with the low level aggro aspect brought up here.

I was duo'ing with a warrior inFoB with my lowb monk, and we ended up with a pretty mean skeleton. The warrior was about 2 or 3 levels higher I think, but still was getting chewed up. At about 25% health ( on this warrior, not mob ) I switched from my slow 2hb to dual wield my trance stick / cane of harmony, which I had noticed produced more aggro, as well as a fair boost in dps. Knowing it was most likely too late, I continued to pound the skelly as there was no way the warrior could run it off. Then something strange happened....

At about 3% health left on the warrior I was grouped with, I pulled aggro off him. I was shocked but grateful, as this meant he did not die. We finished the mob off and bandaged up etc. But I cannot understand how I managed to pull the aggro away in the first place.

I had been managing my aggro, periodically stopping auto attack when I pulled hate because, as I said, the warrior was higher level and the skelly eas a low red con to me. But I thougt low health aggro should have made the skeleton stick on the warrior? I was probably ariound 80% health so I dont see how I peeled aggo. I always thought low health pretty much guaranteed aggro if you were on hate list at all. Should this have happened?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

It sounds as if someone may have rooted the mob without you noticing.
Twerp - Ogre Shaman
Numpty - Halfling Warrior
Tosser - Gnome Enchanter
Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Aviak

Actually, Low hp aggro doesn't apply to mobs below level 20.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=65750
Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Aviak

Ah well that would explain it. The skelly was likely around level 16 or so.