Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default IP exemption question

My wife and I play on P 99. we started we started two new alts...a bard and a druid. Since our mains are a warrior and shaman we swapped several pieces of gear from our mains to our aultz to make leveling easier. During this process we both logged in and out of several different characters numerous times. Once finished my wife would log her shaman and buff my Bard and then log her druid in. my wife started my wife started getting a message "your IP address your IP address is temporarily banned". At first we thought that they might have thought we were two boxing but after awhile she was able to log back in. is it to prevent people from lo is it to prevent people from logging in and out too often?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Banned

Usually happens when you /q or disconnect. If your char gets back to the char select screen you shouldn't get that error. It is to prevent boxing as you alluded to.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Are the alts on separate accounts?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Yes we both have our own acct
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Banned

think he meant are your alts on seperate accounts from your mains.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Happens when you keep loggin in and out of one account multiple times. Nothing to worry about. Don't know why, probably 2box related nonsense.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Happens when you keep loggin in and out of one account multiple times. Nothing to worry about. Don't know why, probably 2box related nonsense.
I'm pretty sure it's so that you cannot abuse the mechanic of removing yourself from the game.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Large Bat

You are lucky you can even log in from the same household, my gf and I tried to play at my place and as long as one of my machines is logged in I can log in with the other. I've posted on the forum that is supposed to get your IP given an exemption 2 days ago but no one as replied yet.

Kind of stinks because what if my roommate wanted to play- only one of us would be able to play at a time.

I get 2 boxing is lame, but I am not that hardcore, just want to enjoy the game with friends and teach someone the joy of EQ.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellsmart84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 days ago
Whoa. You should probably petition a bunch of times complaining about the huge delay in getting an extra service provided to you for free above and beyond the already free server!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Aviak

ip exemptions done in batches startin with oldest petition date. 2 days is not very long for our volunteer server staff to respond. patience is a virtue and eq pretty much epitomizes that concept. while i understand your desire to get online with your friends and family i suggest you attempt to excercise said virtue. GL with your exemption
Closed Thread