Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Odd Community

I just started playing and NOBODY talks. It's weird.. You would think that people who take the time to set this whole thing up and play old school EQ would be a bit more social. Nobody wants to group to level, nobody replies in zones. It's like a bunch of bots running around. Quite strange. Thought Queynos would be a bit more.. sociable. Am I missing something?
Old 05-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Orc

I've never started a character in the Qeynos area, so I can't say much about the crowd there, but I do know that the Greater Faydark area is packed with people and is very talkative. If you want, I can swing through that area for you and give you a ride to butcher block with a bind near Kelethin. Won't be on for another few hours or so, but just let me know!
Old 05-30-2015, 12:44 PM
Orc

I loved leveling my mage near Qeynos, but I had a very talkative guild at the time, so maybe I didn't miss it? I never had trouble finding groups in Blackburrow. I've been leveling my enchanter in Oasis and spend hours in groups and usually end up with those people on my friends list. I love the community here! Give another spot a chance.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

Visiting Qeynos and saying the whole community is bad/doesn't talk is like being a foreigner who visits only Detroit and says America is a shithole. Small sample error. Start in or migrate to freeport/EC, Kelethin or Field of Bone. The only other issue you may have is what time you are playing. This server has a lull in population around 1 am central to to noon central. (approximately)
Old 05-30-2015, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Qeynos can be a little different at times because a lot of people start there solely for the uber-fast leveling potential provided by the quests there (primarily gnoll fangs). You can still find people there that want to group, but they tend to be outnumbered by the people that just want to get to level 20 in four hours - especially during peak hours and/or double exp weekends.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 05-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

wait: how long did you try?

because, you know, it's still the intrawebs. Things definitely used to be more social 15 years ago, because it was all so new. Today people can be a bit more aloof or simply probably doing multiple things at once (I write Carly Rae Jepsen fan fiction while I level).

So you just have to stick with it, and eventually the law of probability kicks in, and other social players show up and there you go. As a rule, I only begin to get worried if after an hour I can't find something to do.

And that shit's classic, ain't it Mr. Calvin?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Aviak

For what it's worth, being in a group where the only thing that gets said is "Pulling %t INC" was never considered a social interaction during live.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:25 PM
Kobold

In my observation, it comes and goes. I wind up soloing a lot under 15 because the grouping synergies aren't that great and I'm often doing specific things to set up my character that will get me necessary equipment or money.

I still try to be helpful and answer questions when they arise, and grouping with friends, even new ones is more tempting than just randomly.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what it's worth, being in a group where the only thing that gets said is "Pulling %t INC" was never considered a social interaction during live.
That was 95% of my grouping experience on live. Most social interaction was /random for loot or gratz when somebody leveled.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was 95% of my grouping experience on live. Most social interaction was /random for loot or gratz when somebody leveled.
Dear, that's not much fun! I'd say more like 75% of pickups went like that most of the time but there would be little spikes of real chat over one thing or another from time to time, which helped make it more enjoyable.
Closed Thread