Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But why on blue? why going backwards on blue, I mean green is there for that if u want a fresh classic xp.

Oh Lord that really sucks.
Because that's the way it is supposed to be. I am sure the devs will do what they can to keep blue un-classic, but eventually, everyone is going to have to come to the conclusion that due to the fact that this is a project dedicated to recreating the classic EverQuest experience, sooner or later you will experience classic content!
Old 10-25-2019, 08:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because that's the way it is supposed to be. I am sure the devs will do what they can to keep blue un-classic, but eventually, everyone is going to have to come to the conclusion that due to the fact that this is a project dedicated to recreating the classic EverQuest experience, sooner or later you will experience classic content!
And why it wasnt this way from the beginning? or added (removed) years ago? why now? after all this time just taking stuff away because it was supposed to be from the start just feels...bad.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and you will like it ! Dag nabbit! Silly younguns.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
Old 10-25-2019, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

The text it landed and ended are still there right?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And why it wasnt this way from the beginning? or added (removed) years ago? why now? after all this time just taking stuff away because it was supposed to be from the start just feels...bad.
you could ask that about any number of changes, classic darkness, coin weight, rangers sucking

its a free project built by volunteers and they add these things based on 1) tangible evidence, 2) technical opportunity, and 3) time. my guess its a combination of these things, but its a guess and that's all anyone will give you if these are real questions you're asking
Old 10-25-2019, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Because blue is BETA! Beta is a TEST server. Things will change on beta, just as they always do once the development team fixes them.

This was broken. Now it is fixed!
Old 10-25-2019, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

its not classic but they plan on custom content get off the soap box people leave blue alone if you want your classic go jump on green.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

So DoT Damage came in during LDoN.

After AAs, Nexus, Bazaar, PoK books, Raid Window, Leadership AAs, Shared Banks, 8 more bank tabs, Tradeskill interface, Pet Window, etc.

It never really belonged on Blue. However Blue is now the unclassic server. They could reinstate it I guess. May as well introduce Bazaar, Nexus and Shared Banks as well though.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser95 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not classic but they plan on custom content get off the soap box people leave blue alone if you want your classic go jump on green.
yes it is

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20030611a.html

June 11, 2003 (Legacy of the Ykesha era)

"Reporting Damage Over Time - Damage over Time (DoT) done to NPCs will now be reported to the caster every time it does damage. These messages can be filtered in the Options window."

whose on a soap box now bru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2019, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes it is

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20030611a.html

June 11, 2003 (Legacy of the Ykesha era)

"Reporting Damage Over Time - Damage over Time (DoT) done to NPCs will now be reported to the caster every time it does damage. These messages can be filtered in the Options window."
oof that's way outside the timeline even for blue.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread