Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which Ruleset for Red 2.0
CLASSIC: Rallos Zek (4 level PVP range, item loot) 19 61.29%
CUSTOM: Nilbog East VS West (hard coded balanced teams, infinite PVP range, no item loot) 9 29.03%
CLASSIC 2: Discord (hardcore permadeath, full item loot, infinite PVP range, seasons) 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

im a hardcore pvper, for reals.

1. Item loot is not necessary at all in eq pvp, just get rid of exp penalty on death, stop trying to convince everyone that is better if the pker can loose shit, its not. It would draw away lots of people

2. Is this a joke? ofc if we have devs who gather this kind of thoughts for real, the eq pvp community is fucked. Oh, wait, we already were cos of these same people, lets put our faith in them.

3. This could be fun, but no long term comitment on it, could work around the first weeks of each wipe but run very low on pop soon. This is not a real option for us eq pvp players.

I am sad, daoc has its pvp server, shadowbane just opened on steam and its doing better than ever. Everquest was the father on them all, the best of them all by a lot, even the pvp if people stop to understand it quite fun and every class can do its thing.
We are the only community who is pretty much fucked and cannot find a share point where to start and have a healthy server, i know devs aint helping. Not blaming only them, 50/50.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im a hardcore pvper, for reals.
Everquest was the father on them all, the best of them all by a lot, even the pvp if people stop to understand it quite fun and every class can do its thing.
We are the only community who is pretty much fucked and cannot find a share point where to start and have a healthy server, i know devs aint helping. Not blaming only them, 50/50.
Good points.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Voted East vs. West. Need something different. Tired of the same stale rulesets.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 02-18-2021, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

In rallos are no drop items lootable. How many bronze and up armors are no drop in kunark? And also it would be cool if cultural armor was no drop.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

No Drop was not lootable, and was considered the only "safe" gear to use. You would see noobs running around with Shin greaves / gloves, opolline helms, basalt carapace and other random shit gear. If you were creative enough, you could cover almost every slot with No Drop.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 02-18-2021, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Cloak of flames, ikky regen, fungi all lootable

It gets tough with velious when any decent higher end guy has good full no drop stuff let alone with planar

Item loot makes some items risky like fungi and also makes newb life actually fun. Trust me it does.

East vs west sounds fun to me but that’s all about being level 60.

I like all these rule sets and strongest fantasies about a real rallos server but because of the predominantly top heavy community I think the east vs west may work best because it at least fixes OoR engagement stuff and a level 60
From west side knows that anyone from east side is pvp enabled.

In the past there were a lot more teams advocates maybe we need to bring people from
The blue and green section over
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:56 PM
Banned

I'm ready for a Red filter similar to the Rants and Flames filter.
Closed Thread