Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Aviak

Unhappy Getting beat up like a redheaded step child

Title says it all... I'm a non twink lvl 16 iksar monk. I stay at around 10 stones because I don't loot anything (how the heck does a monk make money???). Anyways, I am getting my teeth kicked in by dark blues, i mean really whopped up on. I can't find many groups as an Ikky because we are such loners and out of the way and the groups I do find are like monk/monk/necro. Anyways any tips to help me out would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Fire Giant

If you would like more grouping you got these options:

1) Get to main land. Spent a lot of hours killing orcs to get at least your freeport faction up. Group in oasis, later unrest and MM and so on.

2) Reroll. If you like monks, make a human monk. Of course they are not as good as iksar monks, but they xp faster. And you can group very early on with actual healers in the group. Also you can get nice buffs at EC tunnel, so getting back to level 16 would probably be much faster then close to cabilis.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

You can make a fair amount of money looting research components and gems, which weigh 0.1 each (you'll see more of these very soon as you level a little), and keeping any gp and pp you loot while throwing out cp and sp (40 coins of any kind weigh 1, so you can do some calculation of what is and isn't worth keeping). In terms of grouping, the most popular and quality location at your level is Unrest. You could head over there and exp some, but banking will be a pain. Like Pyrion said, you could also reroll human - you'd at least level faster due to the lack of iksar EXP penalty, and you'd be more popular in groups for that reason as well.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Last edited by Estu; 01-14-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

For the most part, getting beat up is pretty much all there is if you're not twinked. However, I used to group with a monk from 1-50 on my enchanter and what he did was he camped gear that he could use, and he oriented his groups to places where items that he needed could drop. Just find yourself that "core" leveling group, the kind where players don't easily break up and they switch loot table to NBG(need before greed) and you'll eventually get geared.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

What weapons are you using...?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 01-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Aviak

thank you for the advice and i think i might reroll just to make it easier on myself!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Fire Giant

if you're still playing iksar and still on kunark, PM me your character name and I may take you into Dalnir and get you some gear next time i'm there..

Last monk i took in with me for 1 trip through came out with crescent chest, head, arms and gloves... that was a pretty lucky trip but i'm sure i could get you at least 1 or 2 pieces :-)
Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Dont reroll. just head to EC. You can bank in neriak. You can train in fp with an invis or wolf form.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Aviak

you can bank in fp with invis also.. you will need one in and out however. its nervewracking i hear but possible.
Closed Thread