Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-10-2023, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Vanquish allows us to sell kunark drops minus epic things.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanquish allows us to sell kunark drops minus epic things.
That and the berating comes at no extra charge!
Old 01-10-2023, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl;dr
manna robe
this is prob the best answer given trak / 3 day spawn...lots of chances to get it and decent odds of it going for a higher DKP : plat ratio

z heart, lady M boots / helm / gloves can be good too...just duck out if the bid war escalates beyond your taste
Old 01-10-2023, 05:59 PM
Banned

people figured out dkp to plat conversion for member retention like 10 years ago.
hope this helps you, and your family guild out.

Zlandi hearts, zlandi necks for example.

p.s i stop checking p99 forums tonight at midnight, still wtb white drag... THE white dragon scale cloak on blue before/if the merge happens. my trade offer is literally everything not on ekco

lodi belt, zek blade...etc..etc hmu or don't fuck you. ;P
Old 01-10-2023, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when you realize that 90% of guilds that has been formed on p99 banned the

selling of raid loot for plat but do it anyways

god, I love capitalism
This and most players are lazy/warm-bodies. DKP is much easier to warm-body accumulate than soloing or small-grouping to make plat overall. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2023, 06:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This and most players are lazy/warm-bodies. DKP is much easier to warm-body accumulate than soloing or small-grouping to make plat overall. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather be a lazy / warm body (I play games to relax from the stress of having a real life), than a cheeto dust covered terminally online NEET poopsocking spawns and "making plays".
Old 01-10-2023, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather be a lazy / warm body (I play games to relax from the stress of having a real life), than a cheeto dust covered terminally online NEET poopsocking spawns and "making plays".
There is a middle ground. Not everyone has the capacity to be a leader / playmaker whos going to go out there and consistently get yellow text.

Anyone currently classified as a lazy warm body only has to be willing to log on cleric bots and follow the syntax for the CH chain to go from nearly useless to a legitimate contributor on the overwhelming majority of raid targets. You can literally copy your character and ui files, rename them from (yourchar) to (botname) and viola, you're no longer druid #9 waiting for that next potg request.

You can still log on as you see fit, rock a < 5% RA, and accumulate enough dkp to get some pretty sweet loot here and there.

Being comfortable piloting cleric bots as a bare minimum is sometimes a make or break, especially on unslowables and vulak with low numbers.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a middle ground. Not everyone has the capacity to be a leader / playmaker whos going to go out there and consistently get yellow text.

Anyone currently classified as a lazy warm body only has to be willing to log on cleric bots and follow the syntax for the CH chain to go from nearly useless to a legitimate contributor on the overwhelming majority of raid targets. You can literally copy your character and ui files, rename them from (yourchar) to (botname) and viola, you're no longer druid #9 waiting for that next potg request.

You can still log on as you see fit, rock a < 5% RA, and accumulate enough dkp to get some pretty sweet loot here and there.

Being comfortable piloting cleric bots as a bare minimum is sometimes a make or break, especially on unslowables and vulak with low numbers.
Agreed. Big guilds have a bot army, so you just need to be willing to learn and play the bot classes. Anybody who can do that is going to be leagues ahead of the people who just log in to their main regardless of what classes are needed and soak DKP.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather be a lazy / warm body
for some historical accuracy here, being a warm body and getting jack shit, let alone raid gear is a very new concept, even years prior to you joining i don't think a single pixel fell from the clutches of 1-3 guilds and a revolving door between them and the same players for like i don't even fucking know when. i put in like 40 hours of tracking for my PD robe and ear when it still mattered back in the tmo days.

historical accuracy correction: "back in the tmo days" is when 99% of tmo you saw for 5-10 mins a week during pd and the rest of the time it was already Detoxx's guild of idiots and play makers
Last edited by Tongpow; 01-10-2023 at 11:54 PM..
Old 01-11-2023, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Silly crap, like being a Mage and wanting your epic.
I’m not anti-farm. In the context of selling big ticket items most guilds have a better chance of sniping Magi than KT or Lady Mir.

But to take the bait, yes it’s a silly spend. It’s a good pet but the water can smoke its dps and the earth is more control. I’m very happy with my non epic mage and the 15 mins it took to get the water staff.