Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

This is big business for clerics. You get aggro from something much higher chance of dying. More rezzes to be sold. $$$
Old 06-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

i would just like to know if this is an intended change or not?
Old 06-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

on live you used to be able to outrun mobs by jumping... until you ran out of stamina at least
Old 06-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on live you used to be able to outrun mobs by jumping... until you ran out of stamina at least
I loved the jump trick, was the last ditch effort.

If this is intended I feel for any non bard/druid/shaman. A lot of lower levels who don't have jboots or a pocket sow just got screwed. Seems like such a knee jerk thing to do. Why not focus on reducing the range of the lvl 18 AOE for bards and making it much more skill based.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlid74 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not focus on reducing the range of the lvl 18 AOE for bards and making it much more skill based.
having the ability to do something doesn't make you good at it. A skilled bard will twist both 18 and level 2 songs until they get their 48 song. An unskilled bard may only pull a few mobs at a time and take much longer to kill them just trying to stay out of range of the attacks.

This "change" has made it much more difficult if not impossible to do at previous levels. It may be best to group from now on, that is, if a group will take us bards... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-11-2015, 11:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
having the ability to do something doesn't make you good at it. A skilled bard will twist both 18 and level 2 songs until they get their 48 song. An unskilled bard may only pull a few mobs at a time and take much longer to kill them just trying to stay out of range of the attacks.

This "change" has made it much more difficult if not impossible to do at previous levels. It may be best to group from now on, that is, if a group will take us bards... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this fix was intended maybe it would be wise for them to remove class exp penalty as well.

Because i would like to see on the eq timeline where they changed this before luclin?

P.S. This was done because of certain bards not saying all of them, but some were being totally greedy in certain zones.

I remember Sirken saying something on one of the casts about it. This class is not played to it's full potential yet and once someone does get to that point will they nerf it again, is the real question?
Last edited by Madri; 06-11-2015 at 11:37 PM..
Old 06-11-2015, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this fix was intended maybe it would be wise for them to remove class exp penalty as well.

Because i would like to see on the eq timeline where they changed this before luclin?
could you outrun mobs w/out sow with strafe? at least i didn't know of this till i got to p99
Old 06-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the xp penalty is being removed with the expansion in August.

isn't the summoning post level 51 EQ's intended for the anti bard kiting initiative?
Old 06-11-2015, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

More than likely it's a bug with the patch, and likely not intended.

Edit: otherwise... sucks to be low level without sow/jboots.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
could you outrun mobs w/out sow with strafe? at least i didn't know of this till i got to p99
If you played a bard during the timeline yes you could it was eventually patched out.

If I remember correctly it was post Velious.