Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Aviak

Default pet taunt

I haven't tested it thoroughly with different classes, but as a magician, my pet holds hate from me better than it ever did in classic. I cannot chain nuke, but I can cast nearly at will, without having to worry about pet losing hate. Player characters just aren't holding the hate like my pet does, not even close. There must be something different in the way pets are taunting on P1999 than what they did in classic, the pet just never made it this easy.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Orc

I believe a succesful taunt added some small value like +10 hate even if you were on top of the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taunt IS changed in P1999, its actually changed to be exactly like it is on live, which has worked the same way since classic. Taunt is only used as a means to get to the top of the hate list. If your at the top, it generates no additional aggro. This is how it is on P1999. EQEmu SVN (PEQ is not a god damn source code, its a database, stop referring to "the PEQ Source") is wrong.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Large Rat

I played a warrior in EQ when it first came out, and my warrior on 1999 server seems to taunt exactly the same. Greens, light-blues, and blues I can taunt fine (although unreliably since its a lvl 10 war), whites are about 50-50, yellows about 20% chance and reds can't taunt at all.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

Yeah taunt works on project 1999 about as well as I remember on live. If you're a warrior find a couple gnoll hide lariats, your aggro depends on how many stuns you can proc per fight.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Large Rat

I played a warrior on live for about 8 years. I can't attest to how taunt works on the 1999 server, but from the steel warriors boards (which along with safehouse were arguably 2 of the best sources of factual info about EQ) I can tell you how taunt worked on live.

1) A successful taunt put you at the top of the hate list +1. It was never truly verified if taunting while at the top added +1.. because 1 hate was so trivial even during classic it was impossible to test.

2) A failed taunt did nothing

3) Succes and failure generated separate messages. I think added these in would help a lot with people thinking tuant wasn't working.

4) I am unsure about pre-velious, but early in velious they patched it so taunt always failed vs mobs who conned yellow and red unless you were lvl 60.

Bapo 23 mage
Old 10-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Orc

This post from The Steel Warrior seems to verify that, at least in 2005 it did. http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...ad.php?t=12046
Closed Thread