Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Another quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcak3z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can read a post from Brad himself about the QoL improvements made and it mentions making mage pets cast earlier on, so I think OP is right but not enough patch note evidence to counter all this anecdotal BS
Old 10-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice try, but it appears that I am not the only one who remembers this. Also, Baler, what class did you play April 1999 - June 1999? Lol, don't lie. If you played a mage you would know I am right.

From: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2970515#post2970515

I may not be able to provide hard concrete proof as the search for early patches is super hard to find, but I can still look.

Stop spreading fake news, come back when you have facts.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Gnome magicians are min max. Erudite mages trade all the amazing stats, sex appeal, and other various non described here benefits of being a gnome for a few points of intelligence which does very little for a magician. Also wide heads are generally more robust then tall heads.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
->By the time kunark rolls around, guilds will be power leveling every class in the game to be used as guild characters.
->Guilds will just power level mages to park at every raid zone so they can exploit the eye.

.[/U]
Best time to play Green99 is original era before Kunark drops. Might be all I play it for.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're still failing to understand this is a launch thread.

Erudite is the min/max for Mage in >>classic era<<.

This isn't about kunark or velious. Please see my last post for details.
AND YES MORE INT IS BETTER BECAUSE IN CLASSIC THERE AREN'T VERY MANY HIGH STAT ITEMS.
Kunark and Velious has rotted your way of thinking. Green wont be a twink fest like it is on blue.

Starting race will matter a whole lot more on green. Extra main stats will be the difference between surviving or dieing.

I await your reply where you plug your ears and go "lalala baler you're wrong". While ignoring the truth.
That 9 base int, even at level 50, makes a mana pool difference of, what, maybe 30% of the cost of ONE level 49 nuke? You are greatly exaggerating the benefit of it while discounting any others. IF somebody only plans to play their mage during classic and then quit before Kunark comes out and IF they don't want access to a tradeskill that no other race can do and IF they don't mind starting in about the worst place to start in a world with no porters? Sure, Erudite is a good choice. But stop acting like Erudite is by far the clear winner, hands down, period. Because it's not.

By the way, Gnomes can start with a little bit higher strength than Erudites can because they don't need to invest 5 starting points into Agility to get it to 75.

It's not just a clear cut "9 int higher MEANS EVERYTHING!"
Old 10-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

By the way, Gnomes can start with a little bit higher strength than Erudites can because they don't need to invest 5 starting points into Agility to get it to 75.

It's not just a clear cut "9 int higher MEANS EVERYTHING!"
And just to add a bit more to your point...eBoots, which will be on the market within a month if not sooner, are +9 INT. While racial choice in classic was more important than say, Velious, for most classes, it still isnt vital to be able to have a strong, well-played character.

Also, not having to constantly rely on items to mitigate or eliminate the creeping darkness of the world is a plus. Classic nightvision is gonna mess with SO many people who are used to the high-gamma world of P99Blue.

To add a personal anecdote and opinion:
Back on classic, my first character was a human paladin. Found my way into Nektolus around level 10. No candle.

Could. Not. See. ANYTHING except my UI. Increasing gamma just made the inky blacks a little more gray.

Gnome for Wallvision(TM). Dark Elf for Ultravision. Leave the rest where they lay.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

I read several newsgroup posts today about how Research was broken at the launch of EQ and Magicians couldn't research their high level pets. Recall seeing the same for necros.

I don't think they are planning to recreate that sort of brokenness though.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read several newsgroup posts today about how Research was broken at the launch of EQ and Magicians couldn't research their high level pets. Recall seeing the same for necros.

I don't think they are planning to recreate that sort of brokenness though.
I hope not but it remains to be seen. Haven't seen any official word.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnome for Wallvision(TM). Dark Elf for Ultravision. Leave the rest where they lay.
I've actually been struggling to ignore the desire to get a gnome mage to the point that he can get a guise so that I can have WallVision or use the mask for both ultravision and being taller in some areas with a lot of steps. I love mages but I've leveled a gnome mage to 59 on blue and I don't feel like I'm going to be any more likely to end up with an epic pet on green so I'm telling myself I should play something different.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

My wife used to play a gnome mage on classic... she fell through the world a few times doing the wall trick to CoTH people... So make sure you have a back up CoTHer.
Closed Thread