Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Banned

Alunova, I tested them recently and every single root I casted landed. That doesn't match the evidence I found or live testing. At this point if I'm making an area that people xp even a little harder (all that I think this change will cause), I expect to get attacked. I'm just admittedly not as friendly as the staff when people come at me.
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-21-2014 at 12:22 PM..
Old 05-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alunova, I tested them recently and every single root I casted landed. That doesn't match the evidence I found or live testing. At this point if I'm making an area that people xp even a little harder (all that I think this change will cause), I expect to get attacked. I'm just admittedly not as friendly as the staff when people come at me.
What level did you use to root them here? What level characters did you use when you tested on live?

I never killed in town guards here, and guards in general on live, in town or no, seemed to have had generally higher mr than say, griffons. But it wasn't extreme.

For the record I killed many many guards in freeport and oggok on live. Dinged 50 in oggok in a group pre kunark. Certain guards seemed to be somewhat stronger, Mirazen or whatever is a name I remember for being something of a bitch.

It was DEFINITELY not near mr immunity. Maybe 50% resist rate on all or nothing spells at approximately even con. That dropped a lot as they became significantly blue.

Also, I never killed felwithe guards, but wasn't that a notorious necro hunting spot on live for low 50s necros?
Old 05-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Banned

Even as a level 60 wizard on live from my tests on the green con felwithe guards, they broke root constantly.

As far as here I've used a 60 wizard on blue to power level and then I leveled up on them from around 44 to 52 here on red.

The way I saw them killed solo or by caster groups on live was snare was casted until it stuck as it would hold for full duration every time once it stuck. Usually 5-6 casts would get them snared and you would pound away... but still things that weren't low resist dot lines would get lots of partials. This was also true for town front guards when they were killable.

Or as mentioned people had a tank involved or ran and nuked constantly. Keeping them rooted indefinitely and their lack of any resists here is what caused me to make the thread. I don't want magic immunity at all, I just want a rather noticable increase. To be fair, they give plenty of xp to compensate for the difficulty involved with killing them as Alunova mentions.
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-21-2014 at 01:22 PM..
Old 05-21-2014, 02:10 PM
Kobold

I seem to remember felwithe guards always LoH to full at 40%. Don't really see that here.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Banned

They def tried dispelling/rooting me and shit on live, so they weren't warriors. Paladin seems logical/obvious as high elves can't be warriors.

Rather start a new thread for dat one. Would gladly test them LoH'ing on live if that is admissable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was DEFINITELY not near mr immunity. Maybe 50% resist rate on all or nothing spells at approximately even con.
Would be extremely happy with this. It's what I remember too.
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-21-2014 at 05:46 PM..