Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paradigm Shift was involved in the last two AoW kills. One with Awakened and one with CSG. No one is being "locked out" of content.
Those people who demand to see everything no matter what guild they are in will never be happy. Even in live if you wanted to experience everything you had to join certain guilds...
Old 12-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Banned

rygar I'd like to compliment your antics lately and encourage you to continue pursuing classic fixes

pras!
Old 12-19-2017, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

A much more interesting question is "how much more interesting would the p99 green raid scene be than blue ever dreamed of being if soulfire & reaper were equip-to-click on day one?"
Old 12-19-2017, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a better question would be how many years is it gonna take for two neckbeard guilds to stop locking out/denying everyone else from top end velious content. I know i know your 12th alt needs vulak gear though. Lust for the precious pixels.
question for you: what guild are you in, and have you ever tried to kill Avatar of War?
Old 12-19-2017, 04:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On P99 expect about 5-6 minute duration fights and expect guilds to try to operate on a 1second chain. This assumes in the ballpark of 300-360 complete heals across two defensive tanks. But I would also add another 20-50 Reaper/SoulFire charges into this calculation as that's the amount I typically assume get burned on an AoW fight on this server done by A/A.

The benefit of the SoulFire and Reaper is the instant cast of course. There are periods of sometimes 5-6 seconds where the tank gets lucky on Parry/Dodge/Riposte/Miss rolls and the DI rolls are towards the lower end, and you don't necessarily need a CH.

Another thing to consider is will Clerics be using Divine Intervention? Now granted, DI I don't think functions properly on P99, but it still has quite an effective role to play in such a fight.

I would wager you would need probably around 300-350 SoulFire charges which breaks down to 60-70 full SoulFires.

In regards to AoW I think a much more interesting question is what does that fight look like without any instant clicky CH or Aggro clickies. The fight is trivialized when you can snap save a tank instantly with a CH and when you can snap transfer aggro between two tanks or onto a monk with Voidance running. Having to suffer with the multiple DPS dead and tanks dead after an untimely tank death as the rotation switches targets isn't nearly as penalizing on P99 because of the widespread instant click aggro usage.
You would need alot more soul fires, you can't compare ch with soul fires charge, it's more or less impossible to get people to click all of them with a proper delay so they last during the fight. You would most likely waste half of them by clicking to fast. So unless everyone uses a macro with timers you would need 1.5-2x the number. Seeing another cleric ch msg before you cast add a normal delay in the instant ch chain , even if it's supposed to be a instant one.
Closed Thread