Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: Also, please make sure your Far Clip slider in the options window is maxed out. It doesn't affect every zone, but it may affect the ones you're having troubles with.
I did some more testing with the current install that I have. I set the Far Clip slider to 100%, logged out, and returned to the game, and still had a very close draw distance. I exited the game and changed the value manually using Textpad. I entered the game again and suddenly I had my Max clip plane once more, but not in zones such as Greater Fay or Lesser Fay where there used to be a 'mist' effect for a reduced draw distance. Those remain at a shorter draw distance. No other issues or rendering faults on my install at least.

I'm leaving it 'as is' as I can get into the game and everything works, and I don't have to re install and apply my custom changes to the weather thunder or the enhanced textures for Freeport / Qeynos, etc. The altered vision isn't applying but I had no desire for rolling a Human and enjoying blindess upon entering the game on Green day.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did some more testing with the current install that I have. I set the Far Clip slider to 100%, logged out, and returned to the game, and still had a very close draw distance. I exited the game and changed the value manually using Textpad. I entered the game again and suddenly I had my Max clip plane once more, but not in zones such as Greater Fay or Lesser Fay where there used to be a 'mist' effect for a reduced draw distance. Those remain at a shorter draw distance. No other issues or rendering faults on my install at least.

I'm leaving it 'as is' as I can get into the game and everything works, and I don't have to re install and apply my custom changes to the weather thunder or the enhanced textures for Freeport / Qeynos, etc. The altered vision isn't applying but I had no desire for rolling a Human and enjoying blindess upon entering the game on Green day.
We've verified an issue with clip planes in certain zones being incorrect, and we'll be fixing it.

You're not going to be able to modify weather.ini when Green launches, for the record. If you've modified files relating to the sky that's probably why the vision changes aren't applying, and those files will be subject to a CRC when logging into the live server.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

oh nah. I modified the sound file for thunder, and coin loot as well because both were noisy as hell.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh nah. I modified the sound file for thunder, and coin loot as well because both were noisy as hell.
Oh, interesting. Well, if you have any other local file modifications, there's a chance they might be conflicting. I definitely haven't gotten any other reports that the new nighttime shaders weren't working at all, so I would be curious to see if there's something unusual about your installation.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These issues are almost certainly due to an improper installation. Can you guys please try reinstalling the titanium client and then copying the Patch 50g beta files into the directory? These are not widespread problems.

If you are having issues with a specific zone but the rest of the game appears fine, please let us know which one it is.

Edit: Also, please make sure your Far Clip slider in the options window is maxed out. It doesn't affect every zone, but it may affect the ones you're having troubles with.
This. Re-installed everything and now it's fine. I'm still new to this whole patch thing!
Old 10-20-2019, 09:07 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm presently outside of Qeynos and I can see the NPCs and trees but none of the walls of they city or the ground is textured. I can see other players as well but not everything is rendering.
I am having the same issue, I am running a wineskin playing on a MAC.

I made a second skin for BETA, it is not working. However, my BLUE Server wineskin is working fine.

I made a duplicate of my working wineskin & copied new beta files into my eq folder. Thus I can only see NPC's and certain random objects.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having the same issue, I am running a wineskin playing on a MAC.

I made a second skin for BETA, it is not working. However, my BLUE Server wineskin is working fine.

I made a duplicate of my working wineskin & copied new beta files into my eq folder. Thus I can only see NPC's and certain random objects.
Unfortunately, it's basically impossible for me to debug issues occuring on what is basically a windows emulator.

Edit: Yorkshire was reporting the same issue you're having and reinstalling fixed it for him. Maybe try that?
Last edited by BlankDiploma; 10-20-2019 at 10:01 PM..
Old 10-20-2019, 10:05 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's basically impossible for me to debug issues occuring on what is basically a windows emulator.

Edit: Yorkshire was reporting the same issue you're having and reinstalling fixed it for him. Maybe try that?
Figured it out - I was replacing the old folders with the new folders rather than opening the new folders and copying the new individual files into the old folders.

I was essentially getting rid of 95% of the files and hence so sky or earth lol...
Old 10-20-2019, 10:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Figured it out - I was replacing the old folders with the new folders rather than opening the new folders and copying the new individual files into the old folders.

I was essentially getting rid of 95% of the files and hence so sky or earth lol...
Oh phew. I was really not looking forward to trying to debug this.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:49 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Oh phew. I was really not looking forward to trying to debug this.
Haha, no kidding.
Closed Thread