Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any update to the stone ui code? @Jibartik I seen someone mention him today on a post from this link https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=336960

http://p99.yourfirefly.com/downloads/classic1.3.jpg he plays p99 blue and has a bunch of ui's hope he replies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I know you guys are hard at work on the velious ui/transparent one but some people dont like it I dont mind either way but personally I dont think it should be forced unless its between the stone ui and the velious one give us the option of the two
No, I personally am 100% focused on delivering a 100% complete fullscreen velious UI and so is p99

Once that is complete, then I will worry about alternatives and start getting weird with custom stone UI's like the one linked.

We're somewhere in the 70-80% percentile tbh, wont be long until the only thing that we need to do requires stuff that is otherwise impossible with SIDL and will be looking into backend solutions.

An original stone UI that is 100% classic and requires 640 resolution, is on my personal list of personal projects for 2023 or something.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am getting so immersed. UI being made classic is one of the best things to happen here in a decade.
I was sure you were gonna rip on us for not figuring out how to limit 2 bags haha (we would if we could buddy, we would if we could) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2019, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

I do have this stone update to give tho, I polished up these p99 sized spellgems and got them working! (the getting them wokring was the hardest part)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Still no solutions on getting pressed buttons working and inventory working on hotbutton.

(btw no UI that I have seen got spellgems working or those pressed/inventory ones for the hotbutton window, so if you see one that has send me the link via PM plz so i can look at it!)
Old 10-20-2019, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no stone UI in development. P1999 staff (not us) made the decision to enforce UIs. You can read about it here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...08&postcount=1

You are complaining in the emerging spot about forced UI. We have nothing to do with that. The decision was made for a forced Velious UI that had a lot of era incorrect features. We simply are working on restoring the velious UI to the correct era. We have no power over forced UIs.
Im not complaining about it dude Ive said im happy with the transparent ui ive even tweaked it to my liking, I said I know you guys are hard at work on doing the velious ui/transparent one I am just trying to reach common ground for people that dont like the current ui fact is both ui's are 100% classic

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 10-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do have this stone update to give tho, I polished up these p99 sized spellgems and got them working! (the getting them wokring was the hardest part)

Still no solutions on getting pressed buttons working and inventory working on hotbutton.

(btw no UI that I have seen got spellgems working or those pressed/inventory ones for the hotbutton window, so if you see one that has send me the link via PM plz so i can look at it!)
yes ive noticed its not working on the meditate button in the spell book either doesnt matter if the button is pressed down you still meditate either way
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5XR9oJg.jpg (22.4 KB, 3 views)

Old 10-20-2019, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I personally am 100% focused on delivering a 100% complete fullscreen velious UI and so is p99

Once that is complete, then I will worry about alternatives and start getting weird with custom stone UI's like the one linked.

We're somewhere in the 70-80% percentile tbh, wont be long until the only thing that we need to do requires stuff that is otherwise impossible with SIDL and will be looking into backend solutions.

An original stone UI that is 100% classic and requires 640 resolution, is on my personal list of personal projects for 2023 or something.
Awesome thanks for the update I know it was a 640 resolution but when theres a will theres away it can be changed with code to get it working

Old 10-20-2019, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome thanks for the update I know it was a 640 resolution but when theres a will theres away it can be changed with code to get it working
Yeah also another thing to note is Titanium doesnt disallow locking of window placements as far as I have ever seen. So the UI you're looking at is likely a combination of multiple windows, aligned by the user to make it look perfect, this may be an exaguration to that UI artists setup but basically this is what that UI would look like on the average players window:

Also keep in mind that SS is like, super cropped as well, you can see how even if those were solid windows, it doesn't look much different than ours does already:

Like, we already basically have all that stone in our project1999 UI, I don't think the one we have here is worse than this.

In fact where we're at now ours may already ahead of this one, it looks like all you're looking at in that screenshot is a custom Inventory and a custom spell bar.

At this point (now that we have bags loot windows and some other breakthroughs) p99's UI is already probubly the most classic titanium UI ever created! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (side note I would like p99s to be known as this so I am hoping that ours can get this designation online one day hehe)

Its not perfect, and some is custom too, but hopefully our take on those custom changes are as subtle and consistent as possible, so it feels clean and professional.

I want whatever is forced on the users here to be super clean and professional, require no custom attention to detail to get it looking as intended, be as bug free as possible, and look 1:1 to classic as it possibly can. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-20-2019 at 06:29 PM..
Old 10-20-2019, 06:33 PM
Banned

Old 10-20-2019, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only validation I really needed this whole project. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2019, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Good job, Chortles!
Closed Thread