Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:28 PM
Skeleton

Default green server pet experience penalty

will there be pet experience penalty in place upon release of the green server if you don’t do over 50% damage to mob?
Old 10-03-2019, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Our best guess is no. It was added later. But we'll see.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:39 AM
Orc

The answer should be no if they are following the classic timeline. Same with DoTs not doing full damage to snared mobs.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer should be no if they are following the classic timeline. Same with DoTs not doing full damage to snared mobs.
You mean moving mobs, right?
Old 10-04-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean moving mobs, right?
He means any mob moving towards you, either free or snared. After 6 months that should change to 66% damage. If a mob is moving away from you, either feared or wounded, it will take full damage.

Edit: where is that patch? there we go:

September 13, 1999
DoT Changes:

If the monster is in melee with you, there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
If the monster is running away from you (fear, wounded, etc.), there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
If the monster is moving when the damage from the DoT is applied (happens every few seconds), it will take 66% of the damage that it would have taken.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

They generally go for classic, except where it allows people to level up faster. So this is up in the air but it should follow classic timeline as others have stated.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our best guess is no. It was added later. But we'll see.
Thought most people understood that pets WILL take 50% exp if they do most of the damage, if not grouped. It was not like that on blue originally, but the change is not tied to an era, the change was just adding missing/wrong code to the emulator (not classic)

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=52390
Patch Notes: Sunday October 23rd, 2011
Kanras: Classic pet experience distribution.

Do you have some proof to the contrary?
Old 10-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Steptember 13, 1999 was when DoT changes are made, there are patch notes that are clear. That change is era flagged and will toggle on green at the appropriate time.

There are no known patch notes about pet exp changing. The change on blue was a bug fix, not an era patch. so green should have the current blue behavior from launch.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_notes
Old 10-14-2019, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Steptember 13, 1999 was when DoT changes are made, there are patch notes that are clear. That change is era flagged and will toggle on green at the appropriate time.

There are no known patch notes about pet exp changing. The change on blue was a bug fix, not an era patch. so green should have the current blue behavior from launch.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_notes
I don't think we have an official patch announcement, but I remember the 50% requirement not being in at launch because people constantly complained to Verant about pet classes essentially being able to AFK level because their pets didn't take any experience. I definitely remember getting the same amount of EXP for a pet kill while I did 0 damage on my Necro alt as I did if I did more than half/a significant amount of damage to the mob. So Verant then implemented the requirement that you have to do some amount of damage in order to get exp (IIRC, it was really small. Might have even been like 1 damage); I think they may have also made a change to Necro FD at that time to give it a fixed duration so they couldn't AFK pet kill but maybe I'm getting my timeline mixed up on the FD change.

There was also a patch note from 2003 where they made a change to charmed pets such that charmed pets began to take up to 1/3 of the EXP from a kill depending on how much damage they did.

That being said, I doubt they go classic on this one since, as another reply stated, the staff tend to avoid classic changes if it's going to make it super easy/cheesey for one or more classes.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Also, lol http://www.gucomics.com/20001025
Closed Thread