Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 01:28 PM
Banned

Stable connections today are a big factor. The possible lack of 50% reduction to group xp might be the equalizer here and what's required. Some of that was proven, I think by big Dolalin.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the great contribution to the conversation.

I think it's gone 40 pages because people are passionate about it. Not anger from trains and other nonsense. Although it's been fun watching the rookie enchanters learning how to stomp the game with enchanter, wiping out everyone between them and the ZL while they practice.

I think the core issue is that having enchanter as powerful as it just isn't classic. Not sure if it's code, connection, knowledge or what. Having this go on with charm in classic era EQ really shrinks the world and goes against the values that make classic EQ a beautiful game.

Change for more classic experience seems like common sense to many. I'd like to hear any feedback on how getting the incomparable power of charm in line could have any negative impact in the world or player base or make the game less classic.
Boom. Nailed it.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stable connections today are a big factor. The possible lack of 50% reduction to group xp might be the equalizer here and what's required. Some of that was proven, I think by big Dolalin.
Easy fix and doesn't change enough to bother anyone.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where do you see the pets eating group EXP evidence? Just curious.

As far as I recall, that's something people frequently thought was the case back on live but did not realize that pets actually didn't take group EXP. There are forum posts of people claiming that pets take EXP, but without actual evidence, so a lot of those are more of just mistaken people unintentionally spreading false information and leading groups to tell people to de-summon pets. Unless there's a patch note about it?
Old 11-20-2019, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where do you see the pets eating group EXP evidence? Just curious.

As far as I recall, that's something people frequently thought was the case back on live but did not realize that pets actually didn't take group EXP. There are forum posts of people claiming that pets take EXP, but without actual evidence, so a lot of those are more of just mistaken people unintentionally spreading false information and leading groups to tell people to de-summon pets. Unless there's a patch note about it?
I have an inconclusive bug thread open about it. I am still in the gathering evidence phase on that.

I need to see the ShowEQ tests mentioned in the newsgroup posts I cite there before I can tell more.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:

You will have to erase the history of Frozen Moses for a leg to stand on bros. This one's over.
You've posted "someone charmed a mob one time you guys!!!!" dozens of times in this thread now mate. Maybe that's enough posting?
Old 11-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have an inconclusive bug thread open about it. I am still in the gathering evidence phase on that.

I need to see the ShowEQ tests mentioned in the newsgroup posts I cite there before I can tell more.
Yeah I'd be interested to see if there's evidence because as far as I remember back in the day this was a big common misconception about pets. People just assumed that the pets took EXP in a group because they supposedly did while solo.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the core issue is that having enchanter as powerful as it just isn't classic.
No - the core issue in this thread is that a lot of people want enchanters nerfed. It has nothing to do with whether or not it's true to classic.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No - the core issue in this thread is that a lot of people want enchanters nerfed. It has nothing to do with whether or not it's true to classic.
Yeah exactly. It's not that Enchanters weren't as powerful at launch, it's that people at launch of Live didn't realize how powerful they were/how best to maximize their abilities. People have since been able to min/max each class over two decades and have been able to take a powerful class to the far ends of the power spectrum. People simply want this nerfed under some vague argument of "classic atmosphere", which not only is it dumb on its face but is also somewhat pointless because people began figuring out how powerful Enchanters could be over the first two expansions. So, what are you gonna do? Nerf Enchanters to some extent for some arbitrary BS reason just to un-nerf it when like Kunark launches? People need to get lives lol
Old 11-20-2019, 02:41 PM
Aviak

I think I understand where folks are coming from. Charm is indeed a powerful ability. So lets just remove it from the game, right? Mobs just scale faster then PCs can, so clearly, having the ability to charm is game breaking.
While we at it, I always thought mend was a bit.. over tuned. And FD for that matter. There, chanters and monks are now in line. But without FD and mend, Backstab and hide/sneak need to be scaled down to fit. And honestly, here in the classic era, pallies and SKs are just so much stronger then warriors, so maybe just nerf their spells? And sense they ain't got no spells no more, lets remove the xp penalty. And if you made it this far, congrats. Nerfing the one unique thing about a class because some folks seem to think its OP is silly. There is no balance in this game. Never was. Some classes can solo well, some can't. That, at least to me, is part of the charm of EQ.
Just my 2cp
Closed Thread