Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I get it...I think the same way when people sell items... You ask how much of X item they say "offer" I just wanna punch them in the face or ill low-ball them out of spite.

Not sure why I feel different about porting...But I also don't port on my druid for plat, and the super rare times i might be be porting its because Im bored and want to watch Netflix while "AFKish playing" EQ

I have set a minimum fee for PoTG thou... 75p minimum or get bent (still free for DaP thou cause I know it helps the younger druids / wizards level)
Yeah PoTG is a legit charge. That's 1300 mana...
Old 08-31-2018, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

c2, in theory, lets you get more ports done that would make up for what the chanter doesn't pay. it's opportunity costs. but, if nobody needs ports during that window of having c2, it feels bad but that's the gamble you took. as someone in dial a port, i'm usually extremely happy to take a c2 in exchange for a port. if i can't get more ports done with it, i use that excess for leveling in the downtime. just make the most of it. but at least make an offer or plat and let them decide. there's no reason why the class with the best plat generation can't offer the same as other classes.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why people don’t haggle and wheel and deal in EC is beyond me. I routinely say offer and people do not respond. It makes no sense, I’m saying offer because I want to sell this item, make a reasonable offer and we can probably find a middle ground.
it's rarely worth responding to a person who does that crap
Old 08-31-2018, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's rarely worth responding to a person who does that crap
This, i dont wanna spend my time larping as a haggling merchant i want to buy/sell as fast as possible and spend as little time in EC as i can
Old 08-31-2018, 01:58 PM
Banned

i just find it unpleasant so ill give you extra fake money to not inflict it on me
Old 08-31-2018, 02:18 PM
Kobold

I always play a Druid, I have never played an Enchanter...

I never "charge" for porting people, no matter what zone, and I get tips based on level 90% of the time. Sometimes you get 10pp, sometimes you get 100pp...honestly most times I get 60+ plat, its from a 60 enchanter or shaman haha

I'm stoked if the enchanter says "no coin on me" c2 okay? Heck yes its OK, its friggin' awesome, now I can swing by CS and grab 8-10 verns and probably loot 200pp in gems, duh

If the shaman has no coin, I'm confident he will pay it forward very soon!

Plus look at what enc/sham do in your xp groups, compared to what druids do......

clarity=tip imo
Old 08-31-2018, 02:24 PM
Kobold

necros generally tip very well too....I guess those are the three best high end solo farming classes

thanks to all those who do appreciate the ports! pp,buffs,items it all counts!!
Old 09-01-2018, 09:19 PM
Sarnak

So...

What if the chanter in question was on a CR, thus had no pp? And then offered the C2/GoB as payment?
Old 09-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Trump is president. I tip what I please now.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:41 PM
Kobold

nobody tips for TL to bind. one time i just waited there and he said "??" (lvl 60 monk)
Closed Thread