Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ironic since you’ve been banned for making a thread compiling every single rule for p99 mocking the gms. Or did you bird brain forget that?
Old 09-18-2018, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Your*
Old 09-18-2018, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dem rules clear as mud.
From what little I understand, I believe the ban was for attending a raid zone, not killing a raid mob.

Devil's advocate here.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:03 AM
Sarnak

Well, I mean if the rules mention that Gwan is allowed during raid bans, then that particular extension should be lifted. Especially since you can't get to 1.5 without first going to isle 1..
Old 09-19-2018, 06:19 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While the above is a pretty fuckin rude way to say it, I kind of agree. If people want to leave, there are plenty of other places to go. None of them are any good, but that's another conversation.

There is always going to be friction for the top end pixels whether there are 1400 players or 600 players at peak.
You cant be very smart.

If the population is cut in half, your little guild will be making less than half now.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klubba the Oracle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You cant be very smart.

If the population is cut in half, your little guild will be making less than half now.
You can't be very smart if you think there won't be some kind of restructuring if the population goes down to 600. There will always be competition, was my point. You can try to gleam whatever other assumptions you want out of that. Hope this clears things up for you.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like assisting random people with their epic fights?
Doing giveaways?
Randomly going to help groups in zones?
CR'ing randoms in HS?

Do this shit literally daily.
Close, but, I meant things more like golfing, fishing, taking your dog to the park, going to a museum, going to a concert, playing softball, playing basketball, going out to eat, seeing a movie, seeing a play, the list goes on, etc.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as this upsets a lot of folks, myself included, Sirken undoubtedly cares about this server, and has put in an enormous amount of time making this the most classic EQ server available. He isn't taking a personal approach to these suspensions as much as some may believe. This server has a long history and the rules are a product of that history.

However, I do believe we are now at a crossroads, but this time on the type of punishment being levied and the over extending on player management.

I do hope after this thread the lines of communication can finally be opened. The community and the staff have a real opportunity to work together here.

It's still a game after all, and the staffs role in the community is just as important as the community itself.

We appreciate you guys (staff) and I hope we can come together as a community and fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep banning entire guilds for several months, Sirken.
I have supported you for years man, but you are out of touch on this one.

What benefit does it have on a time locked Everquest server to ban guilds of players who may never return? This benefits nobody. Could be AM or Tempest or Core. It doesnt matter.

This is starting to look like blatant targeting on a specific group of players. In the end, the only person this falls on is you and your legacy.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:13 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't be very smart if you think there won't be some kind of restructuring if the population goes down to 600. There will always be competition, was my point. You can try to gleam whatever other assumptions you want out of that. Hope this clears things up for you.
OH REALLY I DIDNT KNO??
Cuz I didn't play when it was 600 people on this server, 7 years ago.

I was simply pointing out, there will be less people for you to port to make money off from [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Besides, it sucks more being on the lower end at 600 population, not getting any loot.
Than having 600 more players in the same situation as you.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klubba the Oracle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OH REALLY I DIDNT KNO??
Cuz I didn't play when it was 600 people on this server, 7 years ago.

I was simply pointing out, there will be less people for you to port to make money off from [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Besides, it sucks more being on the lower end at 600 population, not getting any loot.
Than having 600 more players in the same situation as you.
no need to respond to him. he's just a dr00d.
Closed Thread