Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 04:19 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My main is now a warrior, the other day we assembled a pick up group, didn't care what classes. just wanted to grind. Ended up getting a pally with me in the group, and he was so cool to have.. 2 tanks, yuck right? Nope he was awesome to have! All his utility spells, stuns, off tanking.. And we spoke proc weapons all evening long! Paladins- super cool in my books.. all classes- Super cool in my book
Some really good post throughout the thread! This one is especially super cool if you don't mind me saying so BigJeff, because you are so postive but helpful and concise at the same time! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally, I'd play paladin for more versatility with all the spells, priceless Lay on hands saving ability once in awhile, and I like to cast buffs and be able to heal. Love how well a pally tanks exp grind groups and can do a rez when someone doesn't mind eating some exp loss or care to look for a cleric if none are close. I would seriously consider warrior though if I wanted to or had the ability to do a lot of raiding and/or had a lot of money for high quality twinking gear.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some really good post throughout the thread! This one is especially super cool if you don't mind me saying so BigJeff, because you are so postive but helpful and concise at the same time! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally, I'd play paladin for more versatility with all the spells, priceless Lay on hands saving ability once in awhile, and I like to cast buffs and be able to heal. Love how well a pally tanks exp grind groups and can do a rez when someone doesn't mind eating some exp loss or care to look for a cleric if none are close. I would seriously consider warrior though if I wanted to or had the ability to do a lot of raiding and/or had a lot of money for high quality twinking gear.
Haynar hates paladins (snd SKs) even more than original Verant team did. Play a higher level paladin or sk for a while and get annoyed/frustrated/ragingmad over the stupidity of missing 8 consecutive swings with your supposedly amazing epic 2hander at some shitty green-con mob sometime, then you'll begin to know what I mean.

I played paladin main on live and loved it, played paladin main here for a few years, but after an interim maining a cleric I'm now playing warrior main because warrior is 10x more fun to play than paladin on this absurdly loot-saturated and not especially classic server.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Paladins are a DPS class, don't let anyone tell you different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 10-29-2018, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladins are a DPS class, don't let anyone tell you different!
DPM* if you ask me.

*The 'M' stands for month, not minute.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:48 PM
Banned

Sonderbeast.. Were you online today? Do you have a toon named Sonder? Did I PotG you in WC, and as you were leaving you said "Later Nerds"? Just wondering.....
Old 11-12-2018, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Grouped a few times with a Paladin, Gorbladius, in Unrest as MT. MR, FP, Basement. Excellent for exp grinding in a group, in an undead dungeon.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouped a few times with a Paladin, Gorbladius, in Unrest as MT. MR, FP, Basement. Excellent for exp grinding in a group, in an undead dungeon.
Pallies are best exp group tanks hand down, kinda overhyped for undead though except maybe lvl 20-30 with ghoulbane, even still I was out dpsing that with a velious weapon.

If you had the Dawncall spear/1hs, that would be a different story for undead.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

I main a raid-geared 60 warrior but have rolled paladin for the first time and am enjoying it. Much less painful and more fun leveling experience in groups so far.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

You should try ranger next. Best group tank till mid 40s. Then kinda sucks till mid 50s. Best group tank again by 60! Probably! Will certainly be true once rangers get their damage shield dps nerf with chardok 2.0!
Closed Thread