Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default When selling

I used to be guilty of this but

PUT THE FUCKING PRICE of the item your selling[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 08-21-2018, 03:35 PM
Banned

Why? That could scare away potential customers.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

If its cheap and a commodity list the price.

If you're selling some exotic yacht to an e millionaire then just start a conversation.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 08-21-2018, 04:05 PM
Banned

I was buying an AC and SoS the other day and two people messaged me at the same time.

Both listed selling prices.

I immediately went with the lower priced guy, of course, but if the other guy didn't list his sell price I would've at least tried speaking with him in hopes of a lower price, etc.

Instead he lost that opportunity at a sale.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

if you dont know the prices you cant afford it

next
Old 08-21-2018, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Just put in the bazaar already ffs.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Listing prices takes extra work since I have to type them out in addition to linking the items in question. I don't use macros for EC sales, so if there are a lot of items that extra work adds up fast. It also typically fails at the main purpose--reducing unwanted haggling. If I list prices, some miserable cheapskate always offers less even if I'm already pricing lower than the usual going rate for a given item, defeating the point of price listing in the first place. I'll ignore such folks but it's still unwanted nuisance. Hence I don't normally bother...little to no benefit.

I despise EC and regard it as the video game equivalent of some miserable third-world slum market. The automatic auction houses found in most newer online role-playing games are a big step up for the genre.

Danth
Old 08-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listing prices takes extra work since I have to type them out in addition to linking the items in question. I don't use macros for EC sales, so if there are a lot of items that extra work adds up fast. It also typically fails at the main purpose--reducing unwanted haggling. If I list prices, some miserable cheapskate always offers less even if I'm already pricing lower than the usual going rate for a given item, defeating the point of price listing in the first place. I'll ignore such folks but it's still unwanted nuisance. Hence I don't normally bother...little to no benefit.

I despise EC and regard it as the video game equivalent of some miserable third-world slum market. The automatic auction houses found in most newer online role-playing games are a big step up for the genre.

Danth
QFT
Old 08-21-2018, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

EQ2 had a neat system where you'd have vendor boxes at your residence where you would put your items up for sale. While it could be annoying, I found it way better than the AH->mail methodology, as you didn't have to keep re-listing items. You'd just lower the price as you saw fit.

EC TunnelRatting is not always bad, but it is certainly the most annoying of all due to no search, hoping seller/buyer is paying attention/has the money/isn't trying to trade a bunch of shit for said item, or price gougers (Hi there, CoS!).
Old 08-22-2018, 03:35 AM
Banned

Price tags only start fights
Closed Thread