Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-29-2018, 01:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Auction macro with item links?

Hi all,

I have a few items to sell and would like to set up an auction macro that auctions my items with links included. I can't seem to make this work - any ideas or wiki pages on the topic?
Old 10-29-2018, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

CTRL + right click on item to open item window. Start typing (eg. hit enter). Click on icon in window.

Win.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CTRL + right click on item to open item window. Start typing (eg. hit enter). Click on icon in window.

Win.
I can link an icon in chat, but what I want to do is store that in a macro so I can repeat it. When I have the macro editing screen open and click the icon in the window it goes into my chat line (as expected) but not in the macro editing line. I hope I'm explaining this correctly..
Old 10-29-2018, 01:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have the same issue would make it easier than typing it out with links all the time
Old 10-29-2018, 01:52 PM
Banned

You can link all of your items in one sentence, then hit Enter to 'post' it.

Then you can wait a couple minutes press SHIFT + (up arrow) to bring your last message up and post again.

I do not know if any macro is possible, unfortunately.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Basically you can't macro item links. In theory it might be possible (see http://wiki.project1999.com/Meviin%2...s_When_Pulling), but it would be way more trouble than it would save.

Personally I just type my auctions once, then use shift + up to reuse them. If you use a separate chat window for each auction line it makes things even easier.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically you can't macro item links. In theory it might be possible (see http://wiki.project1999.com/Meviin%2...s_When_Pulling), but it would be way more trouble than it would save.
Some people have done this fairly proficiently. It's quite a bit more convenient to program a macro if you know what you're doing - it allows you to camp out, switch characters, etc., and pick up exactly where you left off the next time you sign into your mule without having to relink all of your items and retype all of your prices.

There are some limitations, however. You can edit the macro to change regular text or remove item links in game, but you can't add new item links - in order to add links, you need to completely camp out and close the client and then manually edit your auction hotkey in your Character_project1999.ini file using the appropriate hexadecimal code. Also, you can only have three item links per macro line, so the hotkey ends up being a bit spammy if you have a large number of items.

Here's a quick example of what an XML item link looks like in a character.ini file, with the interchangeable hexadecimal code bolded:

Quote:
[ASCII box]00161113A090000000000000000000000000000000000 Edge of the Nightwalker[ASCII box]
It's important to first note that the ASCII box character isn't just any ASCII box character - it's a special character that allows the client to distinguish between regular text and item link text when the appropriate hexadecimal code is appended, so whichever text editor you're using needs to support ASCII text, and when you save your character.ini file using this special character it needs to be saved in ASCII text encoding, which pretty much every text editor including Notepad should be able to do. Some text editors might be configured to use Unicode by default, in which case you'd need to switch it to use ASCII. Unfortunately, this vBulletin forum is unable to display this ASCII character, so I'm unable to show it here, but here's a pastebin that contains the character: https://pastebin.com/TK0U5YyD

So each item in EQ has a corresponding decimal item number which needs to be converted into hexadecimal, and in this case 1611 is Edge of the Nightwalker's decimal number converted into hex code. Note that hex can be decimal numbers, although most hex strings will contain both numbers and letters, and most item numbers will translate into a 4-digit hex string, but some will only be 3 digits in which case you need to make it 4 digits by adding a 0 to the beginning. Regular decimal item numbers can be obtained a number of ways, but the easiest for me is by using the in-game /outputfile inventory command which generates a text file in your EQ directory with every item that's currently associated with your character, bank slots and all, and their respective decimal item numbers. You can also specify the generated text file's name using syntax "/outputfile inventory blahblah.txt". For example, here's what Edge of the Nightwalker looks like in my inventory file:

Quote:
General6-Slot1 Edge of the Nightwalker 5649 1 5
Decimal item numbers are actually a direct representation of when that item was added to the game - so in this case, Edge of the Nightwalker was the 5,649th item committed to the EQ source code. You can also get item numbers really easily by using Lucy (by far the most useful resource for compiled EQ data): http://lucy.allakhazam.com/index.html - each item's decimal number is included in its respective URL. For example, Edge of the Nightwalker's Lucy page is http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=5649.

The number following the item number is the item's quantity (a full stack of something would read 20), and the number following that corresponds to whether it's a container or a baggable item, 10 being a container and 5 being anything else. This information is not important.

To convert decimal into hex, I just use a simple decimal to hex converter at https://www.binaryhexconverter.com/d...-hex-converter, but I'm sure there are plenty of other ways. True hex-heads can probably do the conversion like a second language.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 10-29-2018 at 08:42 PM..
Old 10-29-2018, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Personally I just type my auctions once, then use shift + up to reuse them.
this
Old 10-30-2018, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/outputfile inventory command which generates a text file in your EQ directory
Does this command still work for you? I think they might have removed it, because I've tried on multiple characters and can't get it to generate a file any more.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Does this command still work for you? I think they might have removed it, because I've tried on multiple characters and can't get it to generate a file any more.
Yep, I use it pretty often. In linux you might need to manually grant your user permission to write to your EQ directory via terminal, e.g. "chmod +w eqdirectory", but not entirely sure.